Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 538148 times)

nrico2006

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #6660 on: February 12, 2020, 01:05:08 PM »
Remember reading about his training in Tokyo, he said he only worked out on local geisha (whenever the wife was out shopping) and did no real training.  Even remember seeing the footage of him dropped in sparring not long before the fight too.  He was still unlucky in that fight in that Douglas got some amount of time to get up after his knockdown in the round before the fight ended.

Didn't Don King go on a mad rant after declaring Tyson the real winner over the knockdown?

Think there was an official appeal lodged that delayed (by 2/3 days) Douglas being immediately declared the official recognised champion. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: February 12, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
King tried to have decision overturned. Douglas was knocked down in the 8th round and the KO was in the 10th. Tyson's live was a mess by that stage. D'Amato and Jim Jacobs were dead, and King did his thing where he infected anything he touched and got Tyson to push out Bill Cayton as manager and Kevin Rooney as trainer. His corner for the fight didn't have an endswell ffs.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: February 12, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
https://mtkglobal.com/new-signing/mtk-global-signs-amateur-star-quinn/

Congrats to Fearghus Quinn from Belleeks Co Armagh. I know his sister very well, certainly has dedicated every part of his life to boxing and now has the fantastic opportunity of fighting under MTK along side the fury, Frampton, conlons of the boxing world

Is that the lad that fought Donnelly in the Irish finals a year or two ago and was robbed?

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: February 12, 2020, 11:38:41 PM »

Congrats to Fearghus Quinn from Belleeks Co Armagh. I know his sister very well, certainly has dedicated every part of his life to boxing and now has the fantastic opportunity of fighting under MTK along side the fury, Frampton, conlons of the boxing world

Is that the lad that fought Donnelly in the Irish finals a year or two ago and was robbed?

The very one.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:53 AM »
He can look forward to getting paid with lots of MTK drug money now like the rest of them.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: February 13, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »

The very one.

He looked good but dont know if he will be a heavy enough puncher at the higher level - fingers crossed another local boxer can go far.

Will have the opportunity to get on some good cards with them anyway if he gets a few wins

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: February 22, 2020, 12:26:33 AM »
Fury a big 273

Wilder a very big 231

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: February 22, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »
Anyone see Tyrone McKenna's fight last night? An absolute robbery of a decision for the French fella he was fighting. I was glancing at in play betting throughout and at the end the Frenchman was 1/200 to win then they suspended it completely they assumed it was that much of a given.

Though I suppose it's easier to market McKenna v O'Hara Davies in the final than some French fella who can't speak English.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »
Anyone see Tyrone McKenna's fight last night? An absolute robbery of a decision for the French fella he was fighting. I was glancing at in play betting throughout and at the end the Frenchman was 1/200 to win then they suspended it completely they assumed it was that much of a given.

Though I suppose it's easier to market McKenna v O'Hara Davies in the final than some French fella who can't speak English.

Yeah it was a robbery. I thought when they read the scorecards out the scores were fair enough in favour of the Frenchman and couldn’t believe they said Tyrone McKennas name. The reaction of the ref said it all. Even Tyrone couldn’t believe it either. It was a good fight too.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: February 23, 2020, 05:25:09 AM »
Wilder all over the place here!
That was never a square ball!!

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: February 23, 2020, 05:29:55 AM »
Impressive start from Fury.

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: February 23, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »
Wow that was absolute domination by Fury

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: February 23, 2020, 05:42:41 AM »
Wow that was absolute domination by Fury

Certainly wasn't expecting it to be so one sided

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: February 23, 2020, 05:45:44 AM »
The Gypsy King absolutely schooled him.... Mightily impressive destruction of an opponent.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: February 23, 2020, 05:53:15 AM »
Special performance from Fury. Didn't think Wilder looked right even before he got smashed on the ear.

Please, please, please, please don't go off the rails. Schooling Joshua in front of 90,000 in Wembley has to happen.