Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaney

Seen more punches at an underage match than in 1st round.

screenexile

I enjoyed that your man was game but a good performance from AJ!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on December 12, 2020, 11:31:11 PM
I enjoyed that your man was game but a good performance from AJ!

Good fight. A seriously tough nut but Joshua was a level above. That 3rd Rd, as good as I've seen Joshua.

ONeill

Can read nothing into that. Yer man is 40 next year and seemed happy enough at the end.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mikhail Prokhorov

fury beats joshua i would think, pure sky hype

JoG2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on December 12, 2020, 11:45:16 PM

Why would they not hype it? Its the fight everyone wants to see. Joshua v impressive tonight against a tough man. That 3rd round was seriously impressive. Hagleresque, Joshua couldn't miss! Fury won't be near as open though.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2020, 12:00:55 AM

Why would they not hype it? Its the fight everyone wants to see. Joshua v impressive tonight against a tough man. That 3rd round was seriously impressive. Hagleresque, Joshua couldn't miss! Fury won't be near as open though.

haha he couldn't miss against a 40 year old journeyman. comparing him to hagler is ridiculous  ::). fury will beat joshua easy on points, aj is not a boxer as ruiz proved

JoG2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on December 13, 2020, 12:15:49 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2020, 12:00:55 AM

haha he couldn't miss against a 40 year old journeyman. comparing him to hagler is ridiculous  ::). fury will beat joshua easy on points, aj is not a boxer as ruiz proved

Decent record for a journey man. I compared 1 x Joshua rd to Hagler ie Joshua couldn't miss in the 3rd. Pretty much every punch landed. Hagler was famed for it.

gallsman

Hagleresque ffs! Joshua missed plenty in the 3rd round. If that's as good as you've seen him, you've not been watching him much. Wild and uncontrolled once he was hurt, to the extent that Pulev got out of a round and fought on when he should have been flat on his back. He threw triple uppercuts multiple times in the fight. Fury will laugh at that.

"Good record for a journeyman." The man is a 39 year old who had previously had one world title fight, which he lost. He was in there giving up a huge size and reach disadvantage. He was meant to be cannon fodder. Joshua did what he was supposed to do and nothing more.

Fury will start a significant favourite, and rightly so.

nrico2006

Fury will stop Joshua. Joshua usually dictates the pace but on the occasions he hasn't he has been shown to tire pretty quickly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

whitegoodman

If you take out Wilder and Klitschko who has Fury fought ?  I appreciate they are two of the best around at that time but if you look at his fights before and in between they were all complete bums.

AJ has found all the number 1 contenders ( of which Pulev was ) and beat them all other than Ruiz.  Has Fury fought anyone of the stature of Parker, Povetkin or White.

Could you even name the fighters Fury has fought other than Klitschko and Wilder?

nrico2006

Joshua has fought a higher standard of opponent constantly.  But Furys wins over Klitschko and Wilder trump any of Joshua's wins.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

whitegoodman

Fury beat Klitschko by dancing around the ring for 12 rounds, AJ knocked him out !

nrico2006

Fury completely outclassed Klitschko by out boxing him from round 1 to 12. Klitschko could barely lay a glove on Fury. Compare that to an older and inactive version of Klitschko who nearly knocked Joshua out.

bennydorano

Oddschecker has it 4/7 Fury, 7/4 AJ.

The twittersphere would certainly have you thinking Fury just has to turn up.

AJ has to improve tactically to beat Fury and I think he can definitely do that, he might have to get in a coach specifically for him. It'll be 50/50 imo because so much will be on the line, it will be one of the biggest fights ever.