Murdering Babies

Started by pintsofguinness, November 01, 2007, 07:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 03, 2007, 11:19:29 AM
skull
QuoteOn a personal note....I can't quite get to grips with the argument that every unborn child is precious. Can someone explain why? I can understand why individually those who want to have children feel this way but why do you think everybody should hold that view? Is this simply the view of folk who hold deep religious beliefs or is that too simplistic?

Leaving myself open to serious flaming as I probably haven't explained my position properly
:o
You need it explained to you why an unborn life is so precious? For the same reason a new born baby's life is precious.
I think you need to expalin your position a little better.
And no, I neither want children (good job as according to some here I've a low sperm count) or am I religious - so there goes that.

Puckoon
To some of us, its not black and white. [/b] [/i] That doesnt make us guilty of supporting murder.
Yeah, afraid so.

snowedunder
There is no may about it; it does, rape you mentioned, mother's life at risk, mentally challenged mother; very very young teenage girl who is merely a child herself; abortion for abortion sake though is abhorrent.
There is a "may" as there is always a choice.

Skull (again)
QuoteJesus. there are some boys who really know it all. You'd think life was soooooo straight forward.

Here we have some women for whatever reason deciding to terminate a developing fetus. Each decision is made on it's own. The collective population of mothers who abort their children don't sign up for membership prior to getting pregnant and sign a pledge of oath. Individually they for their own reasons, make their decisions. They obviously think that life in the early stages of development is not as precious as alot of you think. How could they? So there are people in the world who don't hold the same belief system as a lot of you and the only impact is that they choose to not bring a child into the world.

Meanwhile our government has responsibility in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq just so that they can secure their oil interests for us. Life is not as precious as some people would like you to believe. It's a dirty old world. Always has been. I would love to live in the utopian world that you all want to live in, but unfortunately I don't have a choice. Sorry to shatter your illusions
Life is not straight forward but an unborn life/baby/child should take precedence over everything.  
They make their own reasons?  About 95% of those reasons are pure selfishness
"the ONLY impact is that they choose to not bring a child into the world" - No, that's incorrect.  You have safe sex, you choose to not bring a child into the world, you have an abortion you choose to deny a a person a life. 

I don't agree with the Iraq war but that has little to do with this.

Pints you are being incredibly sanctimonious, dissapointing really. You've merely taken a snipet from every post that you disagree with and you are expressing your opinions like they are iron clad facts. You didnt think that the quinn saga was black and white, and you refused to cry for him, I didnt accuse you of supporting murder, and I acknowledged the circumstances of your community situation. What gives you the right to assume the same of me because I dont cry when an embryo is aborted within 8 weeks?
You've complained that pro choice people havnt answered your questions. You havnt answered mine.
1. Where do you stand on euthanasia?
2. Have you ever/would you ever have a relationship with a woman who used abortive methods of contraception/morning after pill?

I take that euthansia question back, I just noticed your new thread.

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2007, 02:52:39 PM
Quote from: SammyG on November 03, 2007, 01:52:07 PM
pint

When you shave every morning, you kill a lot more human cells than most abortions. Does that make you a murderer?

That is a flat out lie Sammy. Where are the facts to back this nonsense up?

Its not a lie, but it isnt a point that has anything to do with abortion. We kill  hundreds if not thousands of cells every day through shear stress. None of them have the potential to create life however.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints you are being incredibly sanctimonious, dissapointing really. You've merely taken a snipet from every post that you disagree with and you are expressing your opinions like they are iron clad facts. You didnt think that the quinn saga was black and white, and you refused to cry for him, I didnt accuse you of supporting murder, and I acknowledged the circumstances of your community situation. What gives you the right to assume the same of me because I dont cry when an embryo is aborted within 8 weeks?
You can't compare the Quinn thing or any other situation where a person dies to this.  People go through life making decisions and lifestyle choices and if those choices lead to their death that's an totally different situation than an unborn life never been given a chance.
With very few exceptions (i.e. rape, the mother's life at risk) I can see no reason when an innocent life should not take precedence. 

Quote2. Have you ever/would you ever have a relationship with a woman who used abortive methods of contraception/morning after pill?
No
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Fair enough, at least you are consistent. We'll leave it at that.

SammyG

pint

When you shave every morning, you kill a lot more human cells than most abortions. Does that make you a murderer?

How is it a lie? WTF are you on about?

p.s. For the umpteenth time I'm personally anti-abortion, I just get wound up by talk about murderers and crying babies.

The Iceman

A lot of posters have said it is not black and white?

So give me a "grey" example where there is not an option to abortion.  Give me an example where there is not an option that protects the life of the child.

Stop using the word fetus, its used to de-humanize the baby.  Did you mother call you a fetus as she carried you?

I am surprised at the opinions of some supposedly educated, mass going GAA men and women on this board - you should be ashamed of yourselves.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Quote from: SammyG on November 03, 2007, 05:54:25 PM
pint

p.s. For the umpteenth time I'm personally anti-abortion, I just get wound up by talk about murderers and crying babies.

It is a lie in that there are nowhere near as many cells killed whan a man shaves as opposed to when a baby is aborted sammy, that is what I am on about!!!

By the way, babies are killed during abortions sammy, asfor them crying I dont even want to comprehend that horror, I dont think I could handle it but if it was I know I would want to have a go at the abortion doctors myself..
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gnevin

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2007, 08:48:23 PM
Quote from: SammyG on November 03, 2007, 05:54:25 PM
pint

It is a lie in that there are nowhere near as many cells killed whan a man shaves as opposed to when a baby is aborted sammy, that is what I am on about!!!

By the way, babies are killed during abortions sammy, asfor them crying I dont even want to comprehend that horror, I dont think I could handle it but if it was I know I would want to have a go at the abortion doctors myself..
A baby starts are  1 cell , it all depends on where the abortion is carried out . And hair made up of dead cells so its not killing
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

armaghniac

After a long thread the usual arguments come up. A few observations. If the mothers life is at risk, then her life must be protected, no argument, but this is not the same thing as the mother suffering inconvenience.  Pro choice arguements generally state that it is up to the woman. This says that people can do what they like, which is an unusual point in a moral or legal argument. It is just a likely that women will be subject to bad judgement, pressure etc which will cause them to have an abortion as that they will be pressured not to. It seems to me that a decision not to have a baby can be a responsible one and nowadays morning after pill type technology is available. I wouldn't get involved in arguments about the operation of such measures inthe first week when you can't tell whether conception has occurred or not. But to measure the fact that your are pregnant and then try reverse that situation does not seem right to me. Lastly there is a supposition in some postings that its better to terminate than have an adoption, which also seems quite wrong to me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SammyG

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2007, 08:48:23 PMIt is a lie in that there are nowhere near as many cells killed whan a man shaves as opposed to when a baby is aborted sammy, that is what I am on about!!!

You seem to be having the same problem as pint. A clump of cells is not a baby, it's a clump of cells. In 9 months it has the potential to become a baby, but that's not the same thing.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on November 03, 2007, 10:33:53 PM
Quote from: stew on November 03, 2007, 08:48:23 PMIt is a lie in that there are nowhere near as many cells killed whan a man shaves as opposed to when a baby is aborted sammy, that is what I am on about!!!

You seem to be having the same problem as pint. A clump of cells is not a baby, it's a clump of cells. In 9 months it has the potential to become a baby, but that's not the same thing.

There is no hope for you samuel, that last comment is the most ignorant,ill thought out comment i have ever seen written on this or any other board. The potential to become a baby? ffs wise up man dear.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

In your opinion, I happen to think, and many agree with me, that when something has a heart and brain, among other things, that it's living.  Out of interest sammy, when do you think this "clump of cells" becomes a living being, when it's born?

SammyG

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2007, 10:38:10 PM

There is no hope for you samuel, that last comment is the most ignorant,ill thought out comment i have ever seen written on this or any other board. The potential to become a baby? ffs wise up man dear.
What are you on about?

youngfella

,weather you feel it is right or wrong, each case should be treated as just that its own issue. looking at this from a feminist viewpoint it says a lot about the people on this board and the religion in which you believe in...
Pull hard and early

pintsofguinness

Quotelooking at this from a feminist viewpoint it says a lot about the people on this board and the religion in which you believe in...
What does it say about people or what has religion got to do with it?