Trade In Euro Currency
21 (80.8%)
Retain Sterling
4 (15.4%)
Hire the GPA To Sort it out
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Bud Wiser

Considering we are agreeing to join a brit police force and do all things to embrace the peace process us Mexicans down here woulkd like to know what you Alaskans would think if Bertie made a request that we only have one curency on the island of Ireland?  If it was subject to a vote and if you live in the six northern counties of Ireland would you vote (A) to retain sterling or (B) to agree to change to Euro?

Just curious  so A or B please, or put another way, will ye want the GPA to pay ye in (a) sterling or (b) euro?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

An Fear Rua

€ please, and get Gordon Brown to extend it to GB as well, I work all over Europe, and a single currency would be a lot handier. As long as we can ensure that everything doesnt get rounded up this time round...
Its Grim up North

Bud Wiser

Good man Fear Rua, seems a lot will dodge the question though and prefer not to answer. How do you set one of the poll yokes?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bensars

Euro.  Cheaper mortgage payments

stpauls

Euro would be a lot handier, as long as i got the relevant conversion rate!!

armaghniac

I'd change to dollars and lock in the present exchange rate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Euros, easier when travelling to the continent.

Wouldn't it be easier to stick this up as a poll, if all you're looking for is A or B?
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Euro would be good. It should help in trading between north and south.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 31, 2007, 12:24:46 PM
Euro. It would be a lot easier to have everyone using the same currency. The English are very attached to their currency and do not want to change it.
they originally fell out with the idea because the germans head wouldnt appear on the notes and coins!!!
Its Grim up North

amallon

Euro please.  I live in the North work in the South and its a pain carrying round two currencies.  I have one pocket for Euro change and another for sterling.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Euro.

Would stop people ripping the piss out of you with exchange rates!

Would be class to see Paisley's face on a Sunday when the collection plate went round!  ;D
Tbc....

Final Whistle

Britain will not introduce the euro as if they do then their great buddies in the USA will be very upset!
Following facts-2 months before the invasion of Iraq Saddam announced the change of pricing Iraqi oil from dollar to euro.
Result-Iraq gets invaded!
Iran's president also talking to French, Russian and German Oil companies about the possibility of pricing their crude oil in the stronger euro market.
Result-America mouths off about Iranian nuclear arms ending in the invasion of Iran.
Saddam's Sunni government was replaced with Shiite (American Friendly) Govenment which allows the yanks to extract all the oil. There is no withdrawal plan in Iraq. America will be there until the middle eastern oil is gone!
This is how the economics of it works! Oil is priced in dollar. It muist be bought in dollar so there is a constant supply for American dollar. Americans can then import goods from all over the world safe in the knowledge that the dollar is the key currenc t in the world and they will ALWAYS get it back!
Americans rule the world, a small band of elite Americans, but they rule everything we do! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Reference, book Petrodollars!(interesting)

full back

Stick with the sterling. Everything seems to be more expensive in the South IMHO

Goats Do Shave

nifan

sterling, the price hikes when the euro came in down south where unreal.