Riises payslip

Started by Declan, October 31, 2007, 07:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Balboa on October 31, 2007, 10:19:03 AM
Premiership player gets paid obscene amount of money, shock horror........

But the Premiership is the best league in the world dont you know.  Marcus Hanaman (sp?) or some Yank soccer player that played in the Premiership said its even more marketable in foreign countires than the NFL.

Anyway its a disgrace a player gets so much money for doing f**k all.

Smokin Joe

It's a 4 weekly payslip as opposed to monthly.

The PAYE and NIC are spot on - it's real alright.

Rick O Shea

I can't believe he's not paying back a student loan!  ;)

The Real Laoislad

Fair enough it must be real i just thought it was something someone drew up on a computer...

Funny thing about it that i can see is the total for points bouns - £250
It must have been a dodgy month for Liverpool on the pitch  :(
Also he pays some amount of TAX  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 31, 2007, 12:50:34 PM

But the Premiership is the best league in the world dont you know.  Marcus Hanaman (sp?) or some Yank soccer player that played in the Premiership said its even more marketable in foreign countires than the NFL.

As in you don't think Riise is good enough for that kind of money, or the salaries earned by players in general is a disgrace.

If the latter, I disagree. If the market is willing to pay what it takes for players to earn that kind of money, then that is what they're worth.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 31, 2007, 08:12:38 PM
Funny thing about it that i can see is the total for points bouns - £250
It must have been a dodgy month for Liverpool on the pitch  :(
Had a look, and in August 2006 he only played one league game, and that was a draw.
He also played in the charity shield and in a CL qualifier so it lookes like appearance money is £1,000 per game and £2,000 for Champions League games. He scored in the charity shield, but did get any kind of bonus for that. Or perhaps the charity shield doesnt count and its £2,000 per competitive game.

Good point by muppet about no pension scheme. I remembering hearing years ago that players had a special scheme whereby 40% of their salary went into pension. Maybe there on so much money now that it doesnt matter.

Snowed Under

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 31, 2007, 12:50:34 PM

They don't do f**k all; they have mugs all over this fine land and others hooked on an average sport, who pay a fortune to several satellite stations to watch their team - men like this are laughing their arse's off; it really is the Emperor's Clothes of sport.