Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, October 30, 2007, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Sainsbury's doing 3 x18 tin cases of Tennants for £20

Square Ball

Wouldnt buy it for a tenner, its muck... its the worst of all the lagers IMHO
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Have to disagree there chum. Its my favourite, it and Heiniken which, incidentally is also on offer a 5 litre keg of draught for around £5.50

Puckoon

None of those canned beers are great. Tennents is a great lager on tap (imho). In fairness though, I used to work in a bass house, so it was all we had, but it poured all day and was very very good.

Square Ball

Used to drink it years ago, moved onto Harp, now Carlsberg and wouldnt touch Tennents or Harp again, dont mind Heiniken or Stella are decent beers.

Puckoon

Interesting. I wouldnt thank you for a carslberg. That said, when I get home, its generally stout all the way. Unless theres a heatwave and I need a couple of shandies. ::)

thewobbler

It's very simple. Anyone who talks about the quality of Carlsberg and the lack of quality of Tennents in the same sentence is nothing more than a victim of marketing. These products are essentially the same thing, i.e. bland, mid-strength lager. Any difference in taste is more likely owed to what you had for dinner than to what what comes out of the pump. It's a bit like describing Evian as a superior water to Ballygowan.

And don't get me wrong, I drink both all the time. But I'm honest enough to admit that it's more for the purposes of drunkenness than 'quality'. Whichever is cheaper would certainly swing my vote... and I have to say 54 tins of mid-strength beer is bloody good value for money.

Over the Bar

Heineken is my fave but 8 or 10 cans will blow your lid off!    And dont even mention pints of it... about 5 and i'm done wheras I could drink 8 or so Carlsberg on a night out before feelling a bit sidewards.

Square Ball

No doubt at all that it is good value and thanks to TMQ for posting it, but the fact remains that i dont like the stuff, plain and simple, and believe me I can tell the difference, nothing to do with marketing I just think its boggin.. Ones mans meat and all that

ziggysego

I think Fosters is nice in a can.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: Square Ball on October 30, 2007, 09:00:10 PM
Wouldnt buy it for a tenner, its muck... its the worst of all the lagers IMHO

just thinking about this, Royal Dutch is worse

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on October 30, 2007, 09:35:37 PM
I think Fosters is nice in a can.

I agree with Square Ball..There is a massive difference between the lagers and it has nothing to do with the marketing..
I wouldn't drink Heineken(or Heino for posh Dubs)* if my life depended on it,pure phish in my opinion..Same with Tennants pure piss...
Carlsberg tastes completely different it's a grand drink as is Coors,Miller and Corona but they all taste different to me

* Or Dubs who think think they are posh
You'll Never Walk Alone.

amallon

I can't taste the difference between Harp, Tennents or Carlsberg.  Maybe its because I'm a smoker but I cannot notice the difference. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Tankie

the amount of Gas in Harp is unreal, i had to get winded the last time i drank it ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

Pangurban

No Beer is cheap, if you factor in the cost to your health, 1 or Pints,fair enough, but some of the quantities being referred to here as a normal session are just crazy and stupid