Cheap Beer

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, October 30, 2007, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Its all the devils brew. Strange isnt it, I can have as much fun without alcohol.

My problem is that with alcohol i dance on tables and molest strange women.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Is heineken down south different to up north?

The heineken you get down south is great stuff - so easy to drink.

Harp is the most vile tasting stuff you will ever find. I refuse to drink it.

Tennents and carlsberg aren't bad - much of a muchness really. Beers over here are hugely chemical infested. I remember drinking a load of stella one night while in france - no hangover the next day. Drink a load of stella over here and your head would feel like it's going to explode for the entirety of the next day.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone ever use the Lifeline hangover defense pill ? Great yokes altogether,I used them a few months back on a stag in Donegal i didn't get one hangover the whole weekend and there was some serious porter drank that weekend..
I usually drink Smithwicks when im on a Seisiún Mór its very easy drink and the hangover isn't as bad as with lagers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

I can't taste the difference between Harp, Tennents or Carlsberg.  its all the same to me. hard to beat the stout
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

hitzelsperger

tins of tennants in the fridge for a few days are hard to beat, a dozen of them go down a treat before headin out!

i never have a hangover if i get a good feed in me before i go to bed means the aul brew doesnt lie and rot in the stomach

THE MIGHTY QUINN

In some respects you're not wrong there Gerry. I could  tell the difference between Tennants and Carlsberg if it was my first pint of the night but after a couple its not so easy. o my eternal disappointment I've tried on numerous occasions to drink Guinness and acquire a taste for it but all to no avail.

5 Sams

Lads, lads, lads.

Yiz obviously know f**k all about beer. At least the Wobbler was honest in his assessment that the muck mentioned is just a tool to get wrot off if you drink enough of it.

Friday evening (any evening in fact) cracking open a cool..Peroni, Warsteiner, Budvar, Staropramen, IMPORTED Stella...one of the great pleasures in life.

Tennets, Harp, Carlsberg, Budwiser etc is shite. EOS.

By the way a pint of plain in the club beats the shite out of them all.
The Aristocrat Years

Square Ball

Would drink any of that foreign muck, I will stick with Carlsberg!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 31, 2007, 12:49:45 AM
Lads, lads, lads.

Yiz obviously know f**k all about beer. At least the Wobbler was honest in his assessment that the muck mentioned is just a tool to get wrot off if you drink enough of it.

Friday evening (any evening in fact) cracking open a cool..Peroni, Warsteiner, Budvar, Staropramen, IMPORTED Stella...one of the great pleasures in life.

Ack FFS you are stating the obvious there 5ive Sams! All the imported beers destroy the lagers in question like harp, tennents and carlsberg. A good Tsingtao/sapporro is hard to beat. Of all the lagers you mentioned, the only one I wouldnt give the time of day to is the Peroni. Its too light for me.

Bang on the money about a pint of stout down the club though.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 31, 2007, 12:49:45 AM
Lads, lads, lads.

Mmm That remark reminds me of a quote from the comedy series Men Behaving Badly when Dorothy said to Gary ' You're idea of sophistication is to buy expensive foreign lager'  Fact is that there's no difference between any of the beers you mentioned and Tennants, Harp, Carlsberg etc. Indeed in Italy I'm sure there are probably some locals who, like you, most likely try to impress their friends by extolling the virtues of foreign beers such as Tennants and Carlsberg over local brews such as Nastro Azzurro etc. At the end of the day its a matter of taste and personal choice. When in France I drink Kronenborg, in Spain its Estrella Damm, in Italy Nastro Azzurro in other words I adopt the 'when in Rome' theory. Mind you in all these countries the choice of draught beer avaiiable tends to be 1 local brand and 1 German brand.

It's quite amusing though how a thread which was started as a means of drawing attention to the fact that there was a good offer on Tennants in Sainsbury's - and 5 Sams I can also confirm that Peroni is  also reduced to a fiver a bottle - has now evolved into an exercise in pretentiousness with posters trying to outdo each other with tales of their exotic drinking tastes. I suppose its only a matter of time before some garlic smelling vegan in corduroys and check shirt comes on to wax lyrical about  'Granddad's Hairy Scrotum' the CAMRA real ale of the month for November

Hurler on the Bitch

10.00 pm last night ... Newcastle Brown Ale... very cold, half-pint glass, sitting at the kitchen table, chilling out, football phone-in on the radio, newspaper opened out in front of me.... wife comes downstairs: naked..... what more could you want?

whiskeysteve

Sol. track it down tis an altogether great beer
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Candyman

Warsteiner..... great stuff altogether!! The local got it on tap about a year ago and it would blow the head off ye compared with the harp type pish!!!  ;D

5 Sams

QuoteFact is that there's no difference between any of the beers you mentioned and Tennants, Harp, Carlsberg etc.

As they say around our way Mighty Quinn....Aye right.
The Aristocrat Years

mannix

Carlsberg is a better quality drink than tennants, no doubt about it.In fact its probably the best beer in the world.
And you say we are victims of marketing.