Digibox

Started by Tyrone lady, October 30, 2007, 08:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone lady

Need help people, got a digibox for the room last week and was going great but now suddenly every few minutes the channels seem to skip back to number 1 if you get me. There is great signal on it as it shows signal strength but wont stay at channels for long before skippin back to number 1. Also if your moving up the channels to see whats on you can get to about 25 then same old thing it just skips back to number 1. Anyone any ideas because its driving me mad.
Thanks in advance

Bensars

My mother had a similar problem. Bought it in argos and they say that they dont do returns for digi box, however they have to if the machine is faulty.

Replaced it with a different model ( goodmans , i think), now everythings fine.

Its its messing you about after a week , i would return it anyway just for peace of mind

Tyrone lady

Yeh got this one in argos also, they told us before got it that dont do returns on them but if machine is faulty then they would obviously have to, craic will be now finding the receipt  :o

The Real Laoislad

Not sure if there has been a thread on this before but has anyone got one of those digibox scramblers that you connect through your NTL
I heard about it on the Matt Cooper show on today fm and i am considering getting one,Seemingly you can get access to every premium channel  ie Sky Sports,Movie channel etc for free,as well as all your usual channels
I think its only in the ROI but not sure,anyone know anything bout them?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 30, 2007, 12:22:47 PM
Not sure if there has been a thread on this before but has anyone got one of those digibox scramblers that you connect through your NTL
I heard about it on the Matt Cooper show on today fm and i am considering getting one,Seemingly you can get access to every premium channel  ie Sky Sports,Movie channel etc for free,as well as all your usual channels
I think its only in the ROI but not sure,anyone know anything bout them?

Yeah i've got a Euro-vox Max box (bought from germany on ebay about 2 years ago ~ £100) in Belfast, get all the channels including setanta, MUFC, Celtic TV, Prem plus, movies, basically eveything except RTE. Would recomnmend one if you have a canle signal coming into the house (i.e virgin broadband) takes the signal and splits out all the channels. Not sure how much they are going for these days

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Deal_Me_In

Not the exact same as the one i have but it is the same make, looks like a newer version of it just.

cavan4ever

Will that work on any cable network ?

shotstopper1

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2007, 12:48:34 AM
is the the jobie?

http://www.cableboxshop.com/

How do these work? is it just a case of plugging them in and connecting them to the tele and scanning in the channels, just like the digibox,or is there more to it than that?

DUBSFORSAM1

Plug them into the tele, the channels then come through all 100+....they are a pain to actually move about in order so your best just writing them down....

Sky Sports, Movies, Adult channels etc all included...

Square Ball

RLL

i think you should invest in one of these and trial it for the rest of us!

does it effect your internet access?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2007, 12:11:56 PM
RLL

No it just splits the tv cahnnels out of it, it also allows you to store channels in different favourite groups so you can set up different sections for sport, music, films, entertainment, adult, science & documentary, news etc.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2007, 12:11:56 PM
RLL

Just ordered one..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

That yoke only works in certain areas where N$L have changed the signal from Annalogue to Digital. It won't work in Lucan or Celbridge because they are annalogue according to here :  http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468229
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 31, 2007, 07:20:35 PM
That yoke only works in certain areas where N$L have changed the signal from Annalogue to Digital. It won't work in Lucan or Celbridge because they are annalogue according to here :  http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468229

Have already seen it working in Lucan in my Brother in Laws house..
You'll Never Walk Alone.