Kid's animated films---What's your favourite?

Started by Norf Tyrone, October 29, 2007, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quality stuff square ball. Heres one of my favourite looney toons cartoons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2c0Y2lWJ5o

Couple of great points in the comments beneath these videos:
Why do they not show these anymore on tv? I remember skipping lectures at queens to watch looney toons at 11am on some channel on NTL

The Corporal

Forhorn Leghorn is cartoon genius! "thats no chicken boy, i say, thats no chicken"  :D

Top 3 animated fils would be:
1. Finding Nemo
2. Shrek
3. Toy Story

Hated the Ice Age films, dont think Dreamworks is as good as Disney/Pixar!!

wrecked_em

Louth Exile

Think that Pixar beats Dreamworks overall, the top ones are all Pixar

1. Toy Story (original and best, sad to hear that they might be making a third!)
2. Monsters Inc (a scream.. you get it, a scream)
3. The Incredibles (can't believe it hasn't got a mention before now)
4. Finding Nemo (a nice one to watch with your young son)

Shrek & Ice Age are class as well

Great benefit of kids is being able to bring them to watch these in the cinema, going to see Ratatoille next week. Went to see Toy Story when I was at college with a couple of mates and we were the biggest kids in the place  :D

Of the old cartoons it has to be Tom & Jerry all the way. You need to get the Boomerang channel if you want to see them regularly
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Smokin Joe

As a father of an (almost) 2 year old girl, i'm getting into these now.

She loves Chitty Chitty Bang Bag, but the feckin Sky+ is playing up on me and so we lost all the recordings.

I then went in search of CCBB on DVD and I found that Play.com are doing a sale where they have loads of DVD for ~£5, including a box set of Shrek 1 & 2 for £7.
Have a look, you're bound to find something there for the kids.

A question to the parents in the house:
At what age would the children have sat down on the sofa and watched a whole movie?  My 22 month old watches 20-30 minutes until she gets bored and then decides that tearing down the house is much better fun.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 30, 2007, 12:34:15 PM
It was never a film but i loved Duck tales when i was a young lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frGLMtGsotc

RLL

are you sure this wasn't made into a film, or was it a long episode, there was one about a genie and Scrooge McDuck becoming poor, the genie got his wish and was turned into  real boy at the end.

if thats it on the above link apologies as I cannot access it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DirtyDozen12

The Emperor's New Groove..absolutely brilliant.  Expecially Cronk!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ziggysego

Danger Mouse was always a favourite. I guess my absoluate favourite was Dungeons and Dragons.

Hated Scooby Doo.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on October 30, 2007, 04:58:32 PM
Hated Scooby Doo.

and you would have gotten away with too Ziggy if it hadn't have been for those damn kids
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Galwaybhoy

The Lion King is a brilliant film.  I'm also a huge fan of Ice Age and still have to see the second one.

stpauls

if we are talking cartoons we watched as kids, would have to be Transformers, M.A.S.K., and Dungeons & Dragons. always wanted one of the bows that the main guy had, now that would have been loads of fun. but there are plenty more that i wish were on tv again, like BraveStarr, He-Man, Centurions, plenty of others i can't remember their names but can see them in my head!! Good Times!

Windmill abu

QuoteDanger Mouse was always a favourite. I guess my absoluate favourite was Dungeons and Dragons.

Hated Scooby Doo.

What kind of bigot are you that hates the first animated kids series with  a lesbian character and a dog with a speech impediment?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Aerlik

Definitely showing my age now but I used to absolutely love "Valley of the Dinosaurs" on every Saturday morning.

Road runner and Wylie still are up there and I laugh out loud.

Of the new stuff, all the above are great but my son got his hands on old animated versions of Around the world in 80 days and 20,000 Leagues under the sea and he never tires of watching them. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w