Kid's animated films---What's your favourite?

Started by Norf Tyrone, October 29, 2007, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

With a 3 year old in the hosue, I get plenty of chances to see some of these children's classics. Which ones would you recommend?

My personel favorites are;

1 Monster's Inc- Just love it.
2 Cars- The wee man is 'Cars' on the brain, so I must have seen it ~200 times. I have the soundtrack in the car, and know the script off by heart.
3 Toy story- Obviously..pure genius that film.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Shreck1,Toy Story, Ice Age and most of the Disney ones.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Of the new stuff:
1. Original Shrek Movie
2. Finding Nemo
3. Ice age

Of the old stuff
1. Disneys Robin Hood
2. Aladdin
3. The Jungle book.

I think alot of the new animated movies are aimed at parents. Theres alot of adult humour in between the lines. Its quite talented to make something appeal to kids while their parents are laughing at the same time. Still though I prefer the older movies, however when it comes to cartoon characters, there is only one winner.

stpauls

mine would be monsters inc., ice age, and toy story in that order.

shrek 1 and the incredibles are not fer behind those 3 though!

Square Ball

Puckoon

sorry, but for the old cartoons only one winner:

turkey+ham

Shrek, Toy Story & Ice Age.
No contest for old cartoon

(Hope this works - Roadrunner & Wile E Coyote)

Puckoon

Me thinks we need a poll. The only winner was the bunny who consistently took that wrong turn in alberqueque. Looney toons however takes the gong over any other collective group.  Ive gone to great lengths to prove my loyalty to bugs and the looney toons already! Ill give you tom and jerry over disney any day. Mrs Pucks a disney fan.  ::)

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Its only the old T & J cartoons I like, the new ones were they talk, well sort of, are pants, I lkie Bugs B, Elmer and co, but there will only ever be one winner for me.

Also liked, I say I also liked

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Orior on October 29, 2007, 09:40:57 PM
Thundercats.

Get ready for a film in 2009

QuoteOn June 5, 2007 it was announced that Warner Bros. have optioned the rights to make a CGI animated feature film based on the ThunderCats cartoon. It will be an original story expanding on the events of the first episode.[1] The script has been written by Paul Sopocy and will be produced by Paula Weinstein (of Blood Diamond fame)[2] and an entry now appears at IMDB[3]. It was announced on October 9, 2007, that video-game veteran Jerry O'Flaherty will direct Warner Bros.' CG-animated ThunderCats feature[4]. The project marks the first feature-directing role for O'Flaherty, who served as an art director on such best-selling games as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3 for Epic Games and the Command and Conquer series from Westwood Studios.

Puckoon

Classic! Just bought the looney toons golden collection on dvd. Foghorn is a great character.

Square Ball

For me this is one of the greatest older cartoons ever made, remember this was made in 1941

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCCZk0YmR38

turkey+ham