American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 11, 2021, 02:46:22 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 11, 2021, 11:43:08 AM
The Bears were a total shambles last night. Some of their penalties were just unbelievable stupidity.

Shambles is a bit harsh. Made some really terrible errors, most notably the dropped TD pass that hit Wims between the numbers and the neutral zone infraction on 4th down. That was 11 points with those two mistakes alone. Excellent defense though even with several key starters missing. Just a shame they wasted that much money on Foles when they could/should have got a bit more quality for the offence with that wasted money.

Maybe harsh but they just seemed to be mentally weak. The time they took the time out to prepare for the saints 3rd and goal, then jumped at the line was unbelievable. Hitting out after a bit of goading too...

And yes the 4th down balls up too.

The Saints certainly weren't spectacular. They beat Tampa well twice in the regular season but I expect this to be a lot closer

gallsman

The play calling really hurt them, although Mooney being out and then Miller getting himself ejected didn't help matters. Run, run, underneath throw, punt. Rinse and repeat.

He wasn't particularly impressive, but that loss ain't on Mitch.

Capt Pat

Quote from: gallsman on January 11, 2021, 04:56:19 PM
The play calling really hurt them, although Mooney being out and then Miller getting himself ejected didn't help matters. Run, run, underneath throw, punt. Rinse and repeat.

He wasn't particularly impressive, but that loss ain't on Mitch.

A new quarterback for the bears in the draft?

screenexile

If last week didn't happen Bellichick would have been at the WH this week with f**king bells on!!!

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on January 12, 2021, 12:57:23 AM
If last week didn't happen Bellichick would have been at the WH this week with f**king bells on!!!
moving on to Biden next question

Minder

Harden traded to Brooklyn Nets, Lakers v Nets finals then I suppose
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

The Packers beat the Rams 32-18 in the nfc and the Bills beat the Ravens 17-3 in a defensive struggle in the AFC last night.

Not that it matters imho. The Chiefs will win the superbowl as long as Mahomes remains healthy.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 17, 2021, 09:29:02 AM
The Packers beat the Rams 32-18 in the nfc and the Bills beat the Ravens 17-3 in a defensive struggle in the AFC last night.

Not that it matters imho. The Chiefs will win the superbowl as long as Mahomes remains healthy.

The chiefs will come to the end of the line tonight. Browns are going to get it done ✔

Gmac

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 17, 2021, 11:17:08 AM

The chiefs will come to the end of the line tonight. Browns are going to get it done ✔
2 more home wins today I think  , but I hope Brady wins

Capt Pat

I think I jinxed Mahomes, he just got knocked out.

screenexile

Not a nice way to go out for a legend but Brees has been terrible this evening just makes what Brady's been doing the past few years even more impressive!

TabClear

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2021, 02:43:24 AM
Not a nice way to go out for a legend but Brees has been terrible this evening just makes what Brady's been doing the past few years even more impressive!

Looks like Brees unfortunately had one of his worst games in years as his last one. Bucs defense was excellent all night and Brady, after a poor start was just his usual clinical self when he needed to be. Hard to call the two championship games if Mahomes is not 100% but hoping it will be Rodgers/Mahomes in a shoot out to decide it in a couple of weeks.

What is the concussion protocol with PM now?

lurganblue

Second half in particular was awful for Brees. Interesting to see what the Saints do now because Jameis isn't the answer and neither is Taysom Hill.

Two good match ups ahead. Mahomes seems confident he will be available but the Bills will defo be a big test. I thought Rodgers was brilliant on Sat night. More of that and I'd think they'll progress.

Capt Pat

Quote from: lurganblue on January 18, 2021, 11:55:21 AM

Second half in particular was awful for Brees. Interesting to see what the Saints do now because Jameis isn't the answer and neither is Taysom Hill.

Two good match ups ahead. Mahomes seems confident he will be available but the Bills will defo be a big test. I thought Rodgers was brilliant on Sat night. More of that and I'd think they'll progress.

The saints will probably tank for next years star rookie quarterback from the draft. They are in cap hell and will be cutting players to get under the cap.

Minder

Bucs very dangerous for Packers, loads of weapons and an aggressive D.

Brady will have no bother playing in the cold weather in Green Bay though it has to be a factor. Rodgers seems in total control though so you would slightly favour the Packers
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"