Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 840450 times)

cadhlancian

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #13170 on: June 14, 2021, 02:56:50 PM »
Nets and Bucks far from done. Harden didnt play last night , Kyrie left the game with an ankle injury.....

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: June 16, 2021, 11:26:38 AM »
Kevin Durant, man.

49-10-17. All 48 minutes. Safe to say he's put the Achilles tear behind him. All time great.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: July 01, 2021, 05:17:38 AM »
Chris Paul's Suns close out LA Clippers. 

I've only been watching since 99, but these have been the best playoffs I've seen.  Fantastic viewing.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: July 01, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »

I've only been watching since 99, but these have been the best playoffs I've seen.  Fantastic viewing.

Agreed. All of the final 8 had a realistic shot at the championship. Injuries have made it so unpredictable.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: July 01, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »

Agreed. All of the final 8 had a realistic shot at the championship. Injuries have made it so unpredictable.

Would have been even better if the injured players could have played, I know injuries happen but the Suns v Clippers series would have been even better with Kawhi Leonard, Suns v Lakers with Davis, Nets with Irving & Harden.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: July 01, 2021, 06:57:23 PM »
Yeah, unusual amount of stars being injured this time out.  Actually may have made some of the series more competitive though.

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: July 05, 2021, 03:02:48 AM »
Unfortunate injury to Trae Young (stepped on an umpire's foot and turned his ankle) meant the final two games of the series kind of fizzled out.  Atlanta will be a fun team to watch for the next few years if they can keep that team together.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: July 05, 2021, 05:49:03 AM »
Unfortunate injury to Trae Young (stepped on an umpire's foot and turned his ankle) meant the final two games of the series kind of fizzled out.  Atlanta will be a fun team to watch for the next few years if they can keep that team together.

He was back for Game 6 and looked ok. Milwaukee can survive for a few games without Giannis, but Trae is Atlanta at the minute. Lots of potential in them though.

Can't see the Bucks stopping the Suns unless Giannis is a healthy.

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: July 05, 2021, 04:16:20 PM »
He was on the court for game 6, but he was far from OK.  He had no lift in his shots, and passed off when he had open jumpers, which is pretty unusual for him.  Hadn't the same influence at all.

AnGaelGearmanach

• This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: July 20, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »
looks like the bucks gonna take it home then...

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: July 20, 2021, 11:19:21 AM »
I know absolutely nothing about Basketball but i have been seeing quite a few comments about the Bucks on my twitter.  They've the same owners as Villa and thus people have drawn hopeful comparisons of how they kept their star player and progressed.

AnGaelGearmanach

• This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: July 20, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »
I know absolutely nothing about Basketball but i have been seeing quite a few comments about the Bucks on my twitter.  They've the same owners as Villa and thus people have drawn hopeful comparisons of how they kept their star player and progressed.

their star player Giannis won 2 MVPs on the bounce after terrific seasons but never stepped up come crunch time. has been playing out of his skin dragging a just decent bucks side. their opponents the suns have done well also with Chris paul at the helm

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: July 21, 2021, 05:23:04 AM »

Well Giannis won it for them tonight with a 50 point game. Thought the Suns had it when they went 2 up, but Giannis obviously wasn’t fully fit and he showed his dominance in the last 4 averaged 37 points a game.

Grealish has a lot to live up to!

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: July 21, 2021, 08:07:57 AM »
50 point game to win it and just bullied the Suns inside and outside all night long. Delighted for him and the Bucks after some of the nonsense they've been on the receiving end of the last few years.

Gianni's might be the singularly most athletic human being I've ever seen. The combination of size, speed, strength, agility, balance, grace etc. He's an absolute specimen in every way.