Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 672156 times)

Taylor

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #12915 on: January 13, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »
A brilliant weekend of playoff games.

With Mahomes in this form it is the Chiefs to lose.

The only team with a hope of stopping them would be the 49ers IMHO

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: January 13, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
True enough, but I look forward to seeing how the Chiefs defence cope with Derek Henry in the AFC Championship game before they get to the superbowl. The Chiefs run defence is supposedly not that good. The Ravens with a strong defence couldn't cope with Henry.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: January 14, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »
True enough, but I look forward to seeing how the Chiefs defence cope with Derek Henry in the AFC Championship game before they get to the superbowl. The Chiefs run defence is supposedly not that good. The Ravens with a strong defence couldn't cope with Henry.

If they put up 50 points though I don't think it'll matter.  If offense gets around 30 then it will be in the melting pot and it will be great viewing to see how Henry goes at that D.  They didn't hold up very well to the Patriots run game in the playoffs last year.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »

If they put up 50 points though I don't think it'll matter.  If offense gets around 30 then it will be in the melting pot and it will be great viewing to see how Henry goes at that D.  They didn't hold up very well to the Patriots run game in the playoffs last year.

Yeah if KC get out to a fast start Henry won’t be as much of a factor as they will abandon the run, the Chiefs just have too many weapons & I would have fancied them against the Ravens in any event
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:01 AM »

If Jones is out for KC again, I think Henry will run all over them But as you say, if Mahomes throws all over the gaff, they won't be able to run the ball.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:45 AM »
So Joe Burrow wrapped up the greatest individual season in college football history and now gets to go and play for the Bengals.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: January 14, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »
Also, Henry ran all over the Pats (who admittedly have a much better D) and they still only put up 14 points of offense. Henry alone won't be enough for the Titans.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: January 14, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
So Joe Burrow wrapped up the greatest individual season in college football history and now gets to go and play for the Bengals.

Big Saints fan too. Shame

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: January 14, 2020, 11:39:40 AM »
Surely KC must make Tannehill beat them? I know Henry is a huge man but if he doesn't get space he can't do anything.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: January 14, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »

How so? He grew up in Athens, Ohio.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: January 14, 2020, 12:38:59 PM »

How so? He grew up in Athens, Ohio.

He's quoted on the Saints page while speaking to Brees saying,  "You were my idol growing up.  I'm a Saints fan because of you."

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: January 14, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »
Surely KC must make Tannehill beat them? I know Henry is a huge man but if he doesn't get space he can't do anything.

Not really true - two thirds of his rushes against Baltimore were into a stacked box. He's just immense at breaking tackles.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: January 15, 2020, 08:09:32 AM »
Luke Kuechly retires at 28. Smart man.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: January 15, 2020, 10:45:01 AM »