Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 721873 times)

Capt Pat

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #12885 on: January 05, 2020, 08:16:15 PM »
Vikings 20-10 up on the saints coming to the end of the third quarter. It would be a big upset if they hold on.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: January 05, 2020, 09:27:37 PM »
Wow.  Its like the Vikings are the Saint's Kryptonite in the last three years.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: January 05, 2020, 09:27:48 PM »
Why would you not review that Rudolph catch and then confirm the call? It's the Saints ffs! Don't think there was enough to overturn it but by not even choosing to review it just opens up possibility of accusations of bias.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12888 on: January 05, 2020, 09:31:31 PM »
Why would you not review that Rudolph catch and then confirm the call? It's the Saints ffs! Don't think there was enough to overturn it but by not even choosing to review it just opens up possibility of accusations of bias.

I thought all scoring plays were reviewed??

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: January 05, 2020, 09:33:53 PM »
The scoring play, the catch, is auto reviewed. Caught, two feet in bounds etc.

The decision not to call OPI isn't.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: January 06, 2020, 07:12:07 AM »
Massive blow to Eagles losing Wentz so early but Seahawks deserving winners. I fancy Minnesota to put it up to the niners next week.

I love Wildcard weekend, usually throws up soe exciting matches and this did not disappoint. Texans/Bills game was a cracker. Just shows that no matter what plays are called on the sideline it still usually comes down to the star names to change the game, Watt/Watson and Hopkins. JJ Watt is an absolute legend, if it were not for his injury troubles over the last few years I firmly believe he would be talked about as the greatest defensive player of all time.

Special shout out for Taysom Hill, some match to end up on the losing side! Its great watching him in the game, you never know what is coming up.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: January 06, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »
Great performance from the vikings last night to take out the super bowl contender Saints. I am a vikings fan and I thought they had no chance agsinst New Orleans.

In the other game the Eagles must be fuming that their star quarterback got taken out by a piece of foul play by Clowney. The game was quite close in the end and Wentz being healthy for the duration of the game could have made all the difference.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: January 06, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
Watt coming back is an incredible story and his sack, in hindsight, ended upchanging the game, but listening to Tessitore and that absolute moron Booger bang on about him, you'd have thought he was putting in the single greatest defensive performance of all time

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: January 06, 2020, 09:40:46 AM »
Watt coming back is an incredible story and his sack, in hindsight, ended upchanging the game, but listening to Tessitore and that absolute moron Booger bang on about him, you'd have thought he was putting in the single greatest defensive performance of all time

It'ds hard to believe these two but especially Booger get paid to commentate. So many times they say stuff that is clearly the oppositie of what has happened before their eyes. Utterly clueless.

That's the only negative note on a great weekend of games. Playoffs are just that cut above the regular season. Hard to see past the rested home teams next weekend - I think the Packers will be delighted with not having to face the Saints.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: January 06, 2020, 09:50:42 AM »
Booger called for a spike on 4th down on one of the Bills final drives ffs.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: January 06, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »
Booger is some lala alright.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: January 06, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »
Massive blow to Eagles losing Wentz so early but Seahawks deserving winners. I fancy Minnesota to put it up to the niners next week.

I love Wildcard weekend, usually throws up soe exciting matches and this did not disappoint. Texans/Bills game was a cracker. Just shows that no matter what plays are called on the sideline it still usually comes down to the star names to change the game, Watt/Watson and Hopkins. JJ Watt is an absolute legend, if it were not for his injury troubles over the last few years I firmly believe he would be talked about as the greatest defensive player of all time.

Special shout out for Taysom Hill, some match to end up on the losing side! Its great watching him in the game, you never know what is coming up.

The Brees fumble completely ruined his great run beforehand too.

Truth be told the Vikings were the better team on the night.  No complaints.  Ever since the Saints lost at home to the Falcons a few weeks ago I knew that they were weak and wouldn't win the lot.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: January 06, 2020, 11:26:47 AM »
Booger called for a spike on 4th down on one of the Bills final drives ffs.

He did, I remember that.

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: January 06, 2020, 01:55:54 PM »

It'ds hard to believe these two but especially Booger get paid to commentate. So many times they say stuff that is clearly the oppositie of what has happened before their eyes. Utterly clueless.

That's the only negative note on a great weekend of games. Playoffs are just that cut above the regular season. Hard to see past the rested home teams next weekend - I think the Packers will be delighted with not having to face the Saints.

Hard to believe Packers finished the season with a 13-3 record. Personally think their record is more a reflection of their opponents than their own strength. They were blown away by the 49ers and Ravens in the regular season and only beat the chiefs at the start of the season with a late touchdown when Matt Moore was the Chief's QB.

Wentz leaving the game cost the Eagles any chance of winning the game. Can't believe Clowney wasn't flagged and/or ejected. Dangerous cheap shot, and not the 1st time time he's gone in late like that on a QB.

Based on form it's hard to see past AFC championship game between Ravens & Chiefs, which should be a cracker.

49ers with home stadium advantage should win out the NFC

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: January 06, 2020, 03:56:51 PM »
Mike McCarthy in next at Jerryworld