Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 649155 times)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #12525 on: March 25, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »
No1 Duke could be in bother here...

Brilliant game. Zion came up with the goods when it mattered.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: March 25, 2019, 08:11:27 AM »
Gronk retires. A great player no doubt

You could easily make a case for the Pats having two GOATs on that team. His catch was probably the key offensive play in the Superbowl. Great player and brought a bit of colour to  the Patriots machine. HIs body took a serious battering over the last few years so probably the right time to go. A broadcasting career beckons

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: March 25, 2019, 10:17:04 AM »

You could easily make a case for the Pats having two GOATs on that team. His catch was probably the key offensive play in the Superbowl. Great player and brought a bit of colour to  the Patriots machine. HIs body took a serious battering over the last few years so probably the right time to go. A broadcasting career beckons

I see thereís rumours heís going to give the WWE a shot first.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:04 AM »

Personally I don't see any TE that could be classed as better than Gronkowski. He was absolutely immense. I don't like the Patriots but Gronk is one of my all time favourite players. They won't be able to replace him with one person.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: March 29, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »
The bears traded running back Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 2020 6th round pick. As a viking fan I am happy to see him gone, it is a big gain for the Eagles. I don't understand why the Bears let him go for such a low price.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: March 29, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
Jared Cook is a nice pickup by the Saints. TE was obviously a big necessity for them in the offseason with Watson retiring.

Crete Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: March 29, 2019, 02:11:33 PM »
The bears traded running back Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 2020 6th round pick. As a viking fan I am happy to see him gone, it is a big gain for the Eagles. I don't understand why the Bears let him go for such a low price.

Didn't  have the lateral quickness for Nagy's scheme and definitely  didn't  look as good last year as he did in John Fox's run heavy offence! Good player who would have been elite  if he had home run speed. Good locker room  guy and as a Bears fan sad to see him go but he just didn't  suit what Nagy wanted from the run game. His low price is because he is in the last year of his rookie contract and being a very good not an elite running back there is not a lot of trade value in running backs!!

cadhlancian

• View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: March 30, 2019, 12:33:01 AM »
Would have to disagree with the above. Over 1600 yards from scrimmage as a rookie , 1400 the following year, and just over a 1000 last season. Probably right in regards to Nagys  system, but to think he isnít worth more than a 6 th rounder Iíd say is crazy . Heís 24 and is a big boy. Iíd say the Eagles absolutely stole him, would have asked at least a third rounder for him. They gave up a 4th rounder for Jay Ajai 2 years ago....

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: March 31, 2019, 04:06:39 AM »
Blown call for the Virginia equalizer. Was a back court
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »
Wilson agrees an extension at the final hour of the deadline he imposed.

4 year extension for 140m, with a 65m signing bonus.

Brings his full contract at this stage to 5 years, 157m with a total guarantee of 107m. Highest paid player in the league.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: April 16, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
Wilson agrees an extension at the final hour of the deadline he imposed.

4 year extension for 140m, with a 65m signing bonus.

Brings his full contract at this stage to 5 years, 157m with a total guarantee of 107m. Highest paid player in the league.

I think it's a bad contract for the Seahawks but one they had no option but to make.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: April 26, 2019, 12:17:03 AM »
The nfl draft is coming up this morning. Kyler Murray the Oklahoma QB is expected to go number 1 to the Cardinals.

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: April 26, 2019, 12:36:27 AM »
Sitting here watching the pre-draft show and realize that the Browns donít have have a pick in the 1st round. Wow, how unusual!

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: April 26, 2019, 01:27:26 AM »
Tyler Murray does go first. Good luck, AZOffaly.

Muck Savage

• View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: April 26, 2019, 05:38:22 AM »
Sitting here watching the pre-draft show and realize that the Browns donít have have a pick in the 1st round. Wow, how unusual!

Thatís a good thing as a Browns fan, canít mess it up like so many years before, and you have OBJ