Author Topic: Running  (Read 481491 times)

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
Re: Running
« Reply #6000 on: May 07, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »
Dead lifting will sort your back out. Have been doing this along with the running and it has sorted my back
Not necessarily
Usually single leg exercises are better
And swinging movements to get the hips moving better

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:26 PM »
Has anyone ever done an ultramarathon? I turn forty in August 2020 and Ive a mad notion of doing one to celebrate.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: May 16, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
Have you done a marathon yet?? Never done an ultra or had any aspirations to do one!

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 16, 2019, 11:00:43 PM »
Has anyone ever done an ultramarathon? I turn forty in August 2020 and Ive a mad notion of doing one to celebrate.
Celebrate!! Jesus just go to Vegas!!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »

Are you talking about the 50k or 100k distance? An old mate of mine did an ultra 100k in Scotland, think its a famous one, he was a runner, ran for years, every day nearly, and built like a runner too. He said it was pain!! And the target is to finish.

There  is a group who run once or twice a month where I live, who start running at 8.30 on a Saturday and some do a marathon and others double up on that! EAS I think they are called, there are runners from all over Ireland running there, Id imagine theyd be a group to get in touch with
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:46 AM »
You could just do next year's Belfast "marathon"... it might count as an ultra ;D

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:11 AM »
Have you done a marathon yet?? Never done an ultra or had any aspirations to do one!

Done a few halfs. Not a massive fan of road running. Much prefer trail running. Part of the plan is to do the mourns way marathon in the build up

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »

Are you talking about the 50k or 100k distance? An old mate of mine did an ultra 100k in Scotland, think its a famous one, he was a runner, ran for years, every day nearly, and built like a runner too. He said it was pain!! And the target is to finish.

There  is a group who run once or twice a month where I live, who start running at 8.30 on a Saturday and some do a marathon and others double up on that! EAS I think they are called, there are runners from all over Ireland running there, Id imagine theyd be a group to get in touch with

There is one in Tollymore which is 40 miles. I fancy that one if it goes ahead next year as well

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 17, 2019, 10:51:40 AM »

There is one in Tollymore which is 40 miles. I fancy that one if it goes ahead next year as well

There's one at the Causeway Coast as well I think that runs along the sea front

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: May 17, 2019, 02:57:28 PM »
Causeway coast, one in wicklow and connemara would be the bigger ones I have heard of. I know a lot of ones have done Connemara though I think there could be a good bit of road running in it.