Scariest film scenes from your childhood.

Started by ziggysego, October 28, 2007, 03:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Jaysus lads I must have had a very sheltered childhood!! When I saw the title of this thread I thought that it was going to be full of mentions of the wicked witch from the wizard of oz (scary bitch, I hate that film) Remember see Superman 3 in the cinema as a kid, you know the bit at the end where she gets sucked into the machine and she comes out as some kind of a cyborg, nearly wet myself.....

Read a lot of Stephen King books as a teenager, pet cemetary, the shining, graveyard shift all good, but the best was the first one I read... the aforementioned CUJO... one bad mofo

I find that some of the horrors with a religious element to it are the best, the excorist is class, but the Omen is the best. Bought the Star on Sunday to get the free Halloween DVD, sit down now tommorow night and watch Jamie running around the place
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ziggysego

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 30, 2007, 04:58:38 PMRemember see Superman 3 in the cinema as a kid, you know the bit at the end where she gets sucked into the machine and she comes out as some kind of a cyborg, nearly wet myself.....

That terrified the hell out of me too. Still feel a bit uncomfortable watching it.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on October 30, 2007, 05:00:23 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 30, 2007, 04:58:38 PMRemember see Superman 3 in the cinema as a kid, you know the bit at the end where she gets sucked into the machine and she comes out as some kind of a cyborg, nearly wet myself.....

That terrified the hell out of me too. Still feel a bit uncomfortable watching it.

Glad I'm not alone on this one.

Just thought off one of the best laughs I ever had. When I was at college about 10 of us went to see Scream, I was sitting in between two of the girls and my god did they jump out of the seat if you grabbed their knee, great craic  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Mentalman

Quote from: Canalman on October 28, 2007, 07:39:46 PM
1 The scene from Salems Lot where a vampire  floats up to his brother's bedroom.

Definitely the number one scariest moment of my youth
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Real Laoislad

If you want jumps and scares The Grudge with Sarah Michelle Geller is a right film for it,Especially the opening scene where the Japanese girl gets up into the attic...That freaks me out!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Corporal

Agree LL, that scene in the Grudge scared the pants clean off me!

theskull1

This scene for me. First horror I seen on video. Had nightmares for weeks after

Evil Dead

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mEHmSoMQJm8
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Homer

Watership Down scared the shite out of me as a kid and gave me nightmares for months.

Until very recently, This scene from Carrie got the biggest jump out of me.

But the biggest fright my heart ever had the misfortune of experiencing occured only 5 minutes ago. I was in the process of downloading a video stream for a tv-show and decided to watch back the Carrie scene above in the meanwhile. The volume was a little on the low side, so I stuck in the earphones and turned it up to the max. Then right bang in the middle of the scene and at the height of the tension it blares... "PREVIOUSLY ON HEROES!".

Sent the laptop flying. I'm amazed that it seems to be in working order, wish I could say the same for my underwear.  :-\

Puckoon

Used to have nightmares about this, and the song. The old mans voice during the song was enough to have me wanting the lights on!
In my defense I wouldnt have been more than 5 or 6. :-[
Have to admit to not having watched alot of scary movies. I cant stand the tension (and the dumb blonde going into the haunted house alone. WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! :o :o :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

The Corporal

Im gona have nightmares 2nite watching that Evil Dead clip!!! Holy Crap!!  :o

hitzelsperger

remember the scene where jaws comes up and takes yer mano off the boat biting him and taking him down...never slept a wink that night and had nightmares for weeks, in fact the aul boy had to take the tape and destroy it as i couldnt sleep when it was in the house...scared the sheitttttttt clean outa me!

The Real Laoislad

The first Scream film in fairness had me jumping a few times especially the opening scenes with Drew Barrymore..The other Screams were a joke
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Corporal

What about the film Critters? Saw it when i was a pup and everytime i saw a black cat i screamed as i thought it was a critter lol  :D