Scariest film scenes from your childhood.

Started by ziggysego, October 28, 2007, 03:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Yer Ma

Glad Salem's Lot gets a mention as my brother used to watch it a lot and I tended to leave the room - the scene with the vampire at the window is bad, but I remember there's a scene where a guy wakes up in a prison and the head honcho vampire jumps up and it scares the bejaysus out of you.

Alos, the scene in Jaws where the head floats out with one eye - serious arse gravy material.

clarshack

Quote from: Yer Ma on October 29, 2007, 09:30:48 AM
Glad Salem's Lot gets a mention as my brother used to watch it a lot and I tended to leave the room - the scene with the vampire at the window is bad, but I remember there's a scene where a guy wakes up in a prison and the head honcho vampire jumps up and it scares the bejaysus out of you.

there was another scene where the kid vampire is being buried in the cemetery and the gravedigger opens the coffin up and the kid wakes up in the coffin and does the gravedigger in.

DirtyDozen12

Nightmare on Elm Street 1..when Freddie sticks his hand full of knives up through the bed and pulls the guy down with the blood spewing everywhere  :o

Also, that eerie song would nearly still give you the shivers...

1-2 Freddies coming for you
3-4 better lock your door
5-6 grab your crucifix
7-8 better stay up late
9-10 never sleep again.

I think i did not get a good nights sleep between about the ages of 10 and 12 due to watching the nightmare on elm's street.  Always was so afraid but always continued to watch for some reason  ???
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

full back

No particular scenes stand out, but in general E.T caused me the most distress as a youngster!!

Norf Tyrone

* The Hammer House of Horror shows.
* The alien bursting from the stomach in alien.
* The head rolling out of the shipwreck in Jaws.
* The dancer in 'tales of the unexpected' freaked me out too!
* What was that dog called....Cujo?

I don't like horrors.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Captain Scarlet

Salems Lot, scared the shit outta me as a gossun.

Even now Event Horizon gives me the creeps.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ziggysego

Event Horizon? It was a rubbish film Captain Scarlet.
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Some movies have given me a fright and made me jump such as Jaws, The Omen, Don't Look Now, Friday 13th, etc, etc.

However The Exorcist is the only film that ever genuinely scared me.
The Aristocrat Years

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: ziggysego on October 29, 2007, 03:12:43 PM
Event Horizon? It was a rubbish film Captain Scarlet.

not sayin it was good but creeped me out for some reason.

forgot to mention the bauld freddie, he wasnt sound at all!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

whiskeysteve

watching the orgasm scene in 'when harry met sally' with my ma in the room
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

The Corporal

The film Signs creeped me out a bit aswell! Like imagine going out into your corn field in the pitch black, turning on your torch and seeing the leg of an alien in your crop!! pretty creepy! Also the part when Mel Gibson looks out the window and can see the silouette of the alien on the roof beside the chimney!

1st time i saw that film Darkness Falls it scared the crap outta me aswell!

bennydorano

Not a childhood movie but I made the mistake of watching Event Horizon while nursing a fierce hangover one night and it genuinely freaked me out.  Any one I tell about it just thinks it's a sh1t film ???

ziggysego

Listen to them Benny, they know what they're talking about  :D
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bennydorano on October 29, 2007, 04:08:09 PM
Not a childhood movie but I made the mistake of watching Event Horizon while nursing a fierce hangover one night and it genuinely freaked me out.  Any one I tell about it just thinks it's a sh1t film ???

Event Horizon is a great sci-fi/horror film.