Irish League thread

Started by corn02, October 27, 2007, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Any fans on the board. I have been following the results this year as Newry are doing quite well a good win away from home today.
Donegal Celtic held Glentoran 3-3 and Dungannon hammered Linfield.

An Fear Rua

as a Dungannon man, Im mildly interested in todays result
Its Grim up North

stew

I have a mate that is mad into Armagh City so i check on them from time to time. I have went to dozens of Newry Town games as a kid and like them as well. Cliftonville are going well and i had an uncle that played fopr them for years so they are alright too. As for the rest of them............ ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Cut my journalistic teeth at the Swifts in the B division. They've bled ever since.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2007, 06:32:25 PM
I have always had a soft spot for Glenavon. I was at a wedding there once and the staff were very nice.
I like to see Coagh United and Harland & Wolff Welders doing well.

My brother was at Glenavon as a youth, and the fans and staff appeared very friendly anytime I was there. Dungannon's result today is unreal!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Puckoon

Since they broke down the institution that was OTFC, its hard to stay tuned in.

stew

I detest Portadown, their supporters were the scum of the earth (some of them)

Glentoran have a lot of scabby babbies supporting them as well and then there is lingfield. :-[

ziggysego

Don't follow the Irish League, but was pleased to see Linfield get hammered 4-0 by Dungannon Swifts.

Just as I would love seeing any big teams get beaten by the underdogs.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2007, 07:13:41 PM
Quote from: stew on October 27, 2007, 07:11:57 PM
I detest Portadown, their supporters were the scum of the earth (some of them)

Glentoran have a lot of scabby babbies supporting them as well and then there is lingfield. :-[
You not a horsie man then, Stew?

Eh they get lingfield quite a bit.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Cliftonville are top of the league by two points. Go on the Reds. Would be a regular visitor to Solitude - cheap beer in the social.
100% away record.
Donegal Celtic 3-2 up at half-time, just don't seem to be able to kill games off!
Tbc....

saffron sam2

First time in my life I put Linfield in the football bet today.  Something to do every week from now on.

Would have more than a passing interest in the Irish League as I would have protégés at about half a dozen of the clubs and a former workmate at another.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 27, 2007, 11:58:21 PM
SS2 you a GAA trainer?

Both gaelic and soccer, though don't have time for that much training anymore.  Would have had more success in the 11-a-side game, due to lack of requirements for any tactics.

The boys I am talking about would all have come up through the school I work in. Most (if not all) would have played both football and soccer.

The former workmate wouldn't be that far off the top of the league tonight. ;)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

corn02

It is a pity though, the standard of the Irish League is not as bad as people belive. There is a real marketing/promotion issue here. It has plenty of potential especially since sectarianism is diluted from years ago.

Orior

Saw a bit of the DC versus Glentoran on tv. Nice to see the tri-colour on display (and an anti-sectarianism banner at the opposite end of the ground.)

I remember is the late 70's (how the feck old are you orior?) going to a cliftonville game and the ss ruc wading in batons flying when a tricolour was produced by a reds fan.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians