The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GY Joe

Since 'Arry took over - W5 D1 L0, scored 18 - conceded 8

The attack was/is razor sharp but our defence is woeful, and Gomes is 50% of that tumor.. He has to go..

'Arry Redknapp... He's a Top Top Manajaa

nrico2006

Campbell doing better at Spurs than Berbatov at United?  How - by scoring 2 goals against Liverpools reserves? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

T Fearon

Maiden1, my support goes back to the 1967 FA Cup Final, the day I made my first communion. Spurs along with Man Ure were the big glamour teams of the period, (Best, Law Charlton versus Jennings, Mackay Greaves etc) and they also had a guy in goals called Jennings. Remember vividly counting all the money I got then sitting down to watch the game in grainy black and white tv. Fair few highs and lows in the last 40 years, but the 1967 to 1973 period which yielded I FA Cup, 2 league cups and a UEFA cup, and the 1978 (Ardiles and Villa arrive) to 1984 ( a period which yielded two FA Cups and UEFA Cup) were definitely highs.

I think the style of football also plays a part. I would swap the flair of Spurs for a fraction of the trophies Arsenil have won by their boring defensive methods.

T Fearon

That last sentence should read "I wouldnt swap the falir of Spurs for a fraction of the trophies won by Arsenal with boring defensive football", of course!

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2008, 11:33:44 AM

I would swap the flair of Spurs for a fraction of the trophies Arsenil have won by their boring defensive methods.

Good to see you coming to your senses fatman.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Hey Tony, Did you get much money that day? Have you still got any of it? ;D

T Fearon

About £2, 17 shillings and 6 pence. ;D

Spurs AGM on Monday December 15th 2008 at 2pm. Your resident shareholder will keep you abreast with a full report!

Billys Boots

QuoteThat last sentence should read "I wouldnt swap the falir of Spurs for a fraction of the trophies won by Arsenal with boring defensive football", of course!

Did you mean 'failure' there Tony?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Old Bill

gomes out in jan. hope harry will try ceasar in goals from here till xmas. surely he couldn be as bad as that calamity.

Old Bill

Best of luck to ex spur Darren Anderton who will retire after Bournemouths league match tomorrow. An extremely under rated player.

cavan4ever

Back page of The Star is stating that Harry wants Keane back and reckons that he can get him for €6 million as Liverpool still owe €12m.  Anyone thing that this would be a good move.  If anyone was to return, Defoe would be my choice.

Old Bill

Hard to know. Dunno how the fans would react to keane comin back TBH. Defoe for me was always hit or miss;. He would score 5 in 5 and then wouldn score for another 10. Great pace though. Keane could be coming back as damaged goods although i doubt the pool would let him leave for 5 or 6 m. We would have to pay maybe 10/11m to get him back. Anyways would Keane fit into the current tottenham team? We have Modric who is playin very well, The potential of dos santos as well which has to be realised!

T Fearon

I would welcome Keane back (after all we took Sheringham back when he deserted us and was well past his prime when he returned). Keane was Spurs best player this last few seasons and there's no loss of face on either side if he says simply he made a mistake and should never have left Spurs in the first place.He was a damn good captain too in ledley's absence as well.I predicted things wouldn't work out at Anfield where there's too much chopping and changing, ask the likes of Crouch, Bellamy etc. Benitez sames to have one star forward and the rest as far as he's concerned are bit players. He needs a manager like Jol or Redknapp who relate well to players as individuals. Apart from all that I have about six different Spurs shirts over the last few years with Keane's name and number on the back which I could wear again if he returns ;D

cavan4ever

See Ghaly was in the squad for the carling cup game last week it's bad that championship teams don't seem to even want him. He must be happy enough to sit around and lift his wages.

off the laces

Watched the first half last night then listened to the second on radio. What seems to be the problem with our passing around the middle, too many times last night a ball into the channels was cut out and the counterattack was on, also on one occassion modric ran accross the pitch gave the ball to lennon on the side line then tried to take it off him again and turned the ball over to west ham. we need the ball going to feet to stop counterattacks as each time west ham broke even the commentator was getting excited as there was the possibilty off a goal.
Keeps 'er' straight