The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2012, 02:15:08 PM
I think Vermaelen's goalscoring exploits helps mask the fact that he makes quite a few mistakes at the other end. I'd definitely have Koscielny above him.

As for Parker, brilliant energy, a proper leader. But he's no exceptional footballer. Either Sandro or Song provides a much better threat in the opposition half.

Very true, every team needs one. I have a great time for Scott Parker, but plenty of other people who's opinion I'd value don't think much of him at all. I'm of the old school who loved the old blood and thunder approach, and I suppose it's hard to change your core values. That said, the way football has evolved so rapidly over the last 5 or so years I'm going to have to change my possibly blinkered appraisals of the modern footballer.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Denn Forever

Back to the good old days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20442906

A Tottenham Hotspur supporter has been seriously injured and several hurt in clashes with rival fans in Rome.

A bit disingenuous as the Spurs fans were in a bar when Lazio fans with Iron bars etc. and with there faces covered attacked them.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

Three league wins in a row! With the corrupt empires at Woolwich Arsenal and Chelsea crumbling,we are on the cusp of reclaiming our inheritance as London's top club ;D

T Fearon

Well,4 points out of 6 this season from Man Ure,and it could and should have been 6 out of 6.Well on the way to becoming London's top club,and AVB doing a tremendous job after a shaky start.

thewobbler

Need a centre forward first Tony.

With AVB's system, Defoe's inability to pass and move means it's like playing with 10 men. Adebayor, for all his inability to score at present, at least gives the team a roundness.

T Fearon

Plenty of goals coming from out with the strikers.Lennon is lethal.IF we had a recognised striker in his prime (Berbativ 5 years ago) we'd be top of the league.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

T Fearon

Results today,and yesterday in the FA Cup,and indeed in this year's Carling Cup,largely prove that the English Premier League clubs generally no longer give a toss about the domestic knock out competitions.

T Fearon

Is that Merson reacting to someone setting a double whiskey in front of him,in the studio!

snoopdog

Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 07:35:21 PM
Results today,and yesterday in the FA Cup,and indeed in this year's Carling Cup,largely prove that the English Premier League clubs generally no longer give a toss about the domestic knock out competitions.
Seriously doubt that. You telling me the likes of Norwich, Liverpool and spurs wouldnt love to win the FA cup.

T Fearon

Yes.Spurs priority is Champions League Place,Liverpool's is a high league table spot and Norwich just want to avoid relegation.FA Cup doesn't matter to the big clubs anymore.

Captain Obvious

The only top six side knocked out of the FA cup has been Tottenham and they were never likely to win it. Arsenal,Everton are good enough to finish ahead of them in the league.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 10:17:33 PM
Yes.Spurs priority is Champions League Place,Liverpool's is a high league table spot and Norwich just want to avoid relegation.FA Cup doesn't matter to the big clubs anymore.

No excuse now then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Canalman

Only saw the briefest of highlights last night but (and I have to check this later) it seemed to me that one of the Spurs defenders was on his backside when a long ball was sent in and luckily Leeds missed it. Couldn't believe it tbh.
No matter how it is glossed up the Spurs faithful won't be too happy with the result. FA Cup means alot to them still despite not winning it in years.

Only ever lost the one cup final.