The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on November 03, 2007, 11:05:52 AM
Received in post this morning. Complimentary 125 Year commemorative jersey (the blue and white one as worn in the recent match with Villa), priced at £55, just for taking out an MBNA Tottenham Hotspur Credit Card, with interest free on balance transfers for a year as well! Not bad, eh? ;D

Fifty Five quid for the commemorative jersey, eh? Most businesses reward their loyal customers by reducing their prices, or holding a sale etc. Whereas Spurs "rewarded" them by putting the price up? Of course, I wouldn't expect you to pay for one at half price, never mind twice the price, but you do appreciate that if you ever wear it out you'll be marked out for a gullible twat, however you came by it?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Bensars

Received in post this morning. Complimentary 125 Year commemorative jersey (the blue and white one as worn in the recent match with Villa), priced at £55, just for taking out an MBNA Tottenham Hotspur Credit Card, with interest free on balance transfers for a year as well! Not bad, eh? ;D

An outstanding introductory balance transfer rate of just 0% p.a. – available for twelve months from the date your account is opened. 3% handling fee applies.

Typical rate 15.9% APR (variable). 

Yeah bit of financial brilliance there Tony !! ::)

Let us know if you see any others :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: Bensars on November 06, 2007, 01:48:05 PM

An outstanding introductory balance transfer rate of just 0% p.a. – available for twelve months from the date your account is opened. 3% handling fee applies.

Typical rate 15.9% APR (variable). 

Yeah bit of financial brilliance there Tony !! ::)

Let us know if you see any others :D

Yeah, but Spurs gave him a "free" shirt worth £55 to go with it.

And how do we know it is worth £55?

Why, Spurs told him it was... :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

EG, is there any situation in which you wont post to attempt to ridicule Tony?
Its getting boring and is akin to internet bullying.

So whats the predictions for Ramos, will they continue to struggle or start to climb the table.

Given the players they have I cant beleive they are so far down.
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

Jealous bastards! The shirt comes in its wrapping and has the certificate of authenticity along with the price (ie £55) marked. A real collectors item, I would suggest ;D

Also handling fees are part and parcel of all balance transfers and 3% is about par for the course. ;)

Next on the list is a Corporate Hospitality Trip to the 9 Counties of Ulster Versus Gloucester Heineken Cup tie on Friday night, with free nosh, free bar, and mini bus transfer to and from home. Terrible life but someone has to do it! Think of me downing hot whiskies free gratis when you are sitting freezing your assholes off in the wooden seats ;D

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 06, 2007, 03:06:09 PM
EG, is there any situation in which you wont post to attempt to ridicule Tony?

No.

Its getting boring

Not for me, it's not.

and is akin to internet bullying.

Really? My pointing out that he's getting ripped off by his beloved Spurs over the hugely inflated price of the commemorative jersey? Besides, plenty others have given him stick (e.g. over the poor-value credit card), yet you don't take them up on it. Anyhow, he's a big boy - I'm sure he can fight his own battles.

So whats the predictions for Ramos, will they continue to struggle or start to climb the table.

Given the players they have I cant beleive they are so far down.

I'm sure they'll climb the table - if for no other reason that there are so many other teams out there who will prove even worse over the course of the season (Derby, Wigan, Boro, Sunderland, Reading even). That said, I've no doubt that they would have recovered had Jol been properly backed; in fact, they wouldn't have been down there in the first place had the Board not been such a bunch of back-stabbers.

As for Ramos, I daresay he's a good coach, but there's been many's another coach whose record both before and after Spurs was entirely respectable, yet who proved unable to sort the club out. Ramos may get it right, but Spurs might as well write off this season before they can expect tangible improvement under him. And in any case, there's no guarantee that whatever results he does get will prove better than Jol would have got.

Anyhow, Ramos is the 11th manager (or temporary manager) Spurs have had since Wenger took over at the Arse, 12 years ago. Coincidence? I think not. As the man says, if sacking managers was the answer, Rochdale would be European Champions in perpetuity!  :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

T Fearon

Er, I use interest free Credit Card offers very rarely, eg around Xmas, and always have the total paid off just before the interest free period expires, therefore I am never caught for exorbitant interest charges. ;D

After Friday I will have attended sporting functions at both Windsor Park and Ravenhill whilst enjoying free hospitality but never a GAA sporting event in the Six Counties whilst availing of Corporate Hospitality. Something amiss there, but as Alanis Morrissette would say, Isn't it ironic? ;D

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on November 06, 2007, 03:56:22 PM
Jealous bastards! The shirt comes in its wrapping and has the certificate of authenticity along with the price (ie £55) marked. A real collectors item, I would suggest ;D

Also handling fees are part and parcel of all balance transfers and 3% is about par for the course. ;)

Obviously they need to get them off loaded due to the failure to sell them in the reformed petrol station (SPURS SUPERSTORE) on the A1010 High Road!
Even Fearon would agree it is a shit excuse for a shop!!

T Fearon

It has improved, but could be better. I would expect out corporate wing to grow alongside our rejuvenation as a team and no doubt the new stadium development will come complete wit a new superstore.

Access to and from WHL in general is the pits, particularly after a game. If you want to get away quick you are more or less obliged to make the long trek by foot down to Seven Sisters Tube Station. Even if you're lucky enough to get a bus, yiu're usually stuck for ages in traffic jams

Square Ball

Ramos has said that he will let Berbatov (sp) leave in the January sales if he wants to go
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Quote from: T Fearon on November 06, 2007, 03:56:22 PM

Next on the list is a Corporate Hospitality Trip to the 9 Counties of Ulster Versus Gloucester Heineken Cup tie on Friday night, with free nosh, free bar, and mini bus transfer to and from home. Terrible life but someone has to do it! Think of me downing hot whiskies free gratis when you are sitting freezing your assholes off in the wooden seats ;D

All this years totteringham shirts could be considered collectors items if its their last season in top flight football for a year or two.

Owenmoresider

T Fearon

He must be the hottest striker in England presently...in a team thats off form and struggling as well. This could be the making of Robbie alright

Owenmoresider