The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Tottenham more or less handed the Premier League title to Chelsea tonight.

laoislad

Shit their togs for a second year in a row.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Spurs would never have caught Chelsea anyways.. Chelsea run in so much easier
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebar

Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2017, 10:00:15 PM
Shit their togs for a second year in a row.

hard to argue with this.... team of nearly men that will win nothing judged on everything seen to date

T Fearon

Little you can do when West Spam.park the bus.A great season with a young side

Captain Obvious

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2017, 10:27:04 PM
Ah now Tony those words wouldn't be so soft and sweet if Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham manager.

thebar

Pochettino is under some pressure...how hes not won anything with that team is totally insane i swear i could get a trophy with the talent in that squad...spurs have no ambition if they keep him

From the Bunker

I am not being critical.I acknowledge the job Mauricio Pochettino has done,but he has met minimum expectations domestically,for which lavish praise is not due in my opnion. This has unbelievably exceeded the praise lavished on Ranieri, who exceeded all expectations with Leicester last year.

I suspect Mauricio Pochettino himself knows he will be judged ultimately on how he performs in Europe, not beating feeble domestic opposition all of whom are roughly the same League standard

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2017, 10:27:04 PM
Did you cut and paste that from 12 months ago.😂😂😂
Careful now

T Fearon

A super season,and a great 9 wins in a row ended only by West Ham's anti football tonight.Along with Chelsea who had the advantage of not being in Europe,Spurs were the only contenders for the title early into the season. A great performance from a young side.

Milltown Row2

Aye not unbeaten all season and a manager who's too well paid! Are his teeth shiny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2017, 11:35:56 PM
A super season,and a great 9 wins in a row ended only by West Ham's anti football tonight.Along with Chelsea who had the advantage of not being in Europe,Spurs were the only contenders for the title early into the season. A great performance from a young side.

A great season for spurs equals no trophies????

seafoid

This is what they have to work on

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/01/mauricio-pochettino-tipsy-tottenham-hangover
Between 15 October and 11 December last year Spurs won three of 13 matches, went out of the Champions League and the League Cup and dropped 11 points.

Much easier than what Arsenal have to do, innit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/30/alli-kane-dynamism-tottenham-decay-arsenal-arsene-wenger

T Fearon

While Poch has an infinitely harder job than Rodgers I think there are indeed some questions to be answered.

1.European form was atrocious
2.Why can we not perform at Wembley
3.Why can we not win really big games,like the cup semi final.

However I do acknowledge it is a young side.Nevertheless silverware must be delivered sooner rather than later,and I would worry about the finances being diverted into the new stadium as opposed to team building.

T Fearon

As we bid a tearful farewell to the Lane today,what are your standout memories.Amid winning the UEFA Cup twice there, and nine goal wins against Bristol and Wigan,my fondest memory is beating Leeds (European Cup Finalists that same season) 4-2 in the very last game of the 74-75 season to avoid relegation.