Author Topic: Official Cavan GAA Thread  (Read 1483039 times)

cavanmaniac

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #15270 on: July 13, 2018, 04:47:49 AM »
Not surprised Matty has moved/been moved on, things seemed to unravel this year after a promising enough start and not just in a results sense, but even more so wrt the lack of clarity in direction and tactical identity of the team, as the manager tried in vain to stop the bleeding.

Fully agree it's time to get a big name in but nobody was persuaded or asked before Matty got appointed, one or the other, so I don't know if it can be different this time around. A big name surrounded by a passionate Cavan core of selectors has the potential to get something going and keep us in Division 1 though so here's hoping.

The calibre of candidate we are linked with in the coming weeks will be very telling, both in relation to the county board's insight into the problem/true scale of their ambition, and also how we are perceived beyond our own borders by managers who would likely have their ear to the ground.

A friend of mine texted me earlier and said Matty was gone, and said "he was a very positive breath of hot air". ;D

mrdeeds

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #15271 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:30 AM »
He was definitely positive to the point of ridiculous. After that Monaghan game in Blayney he described it as a great game of football. Candidates within county seem to Jason, Peter, Mickey and Finbar. Outside I'd say McGuinness is mad for a soccer job. Maybe someone like Horan or maybe a recently retired high profile player. Whoever the appointment is they need to get all the best players wanting to play including all the Gaels lads who have no interest.