Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

I see Martin Dunne has tweeted about how great it is to end 2014 on a high of winning the Championship. Didn't strike me as the words of the captain of a team who believed they would progressing in Ulster..

Blue in hope

Anyone hear anything about a dodgy draw run by a club in Cavan that is been investigated by the County Board and the Gardai?

Itchy

I hear Peter Canavan won the lotto!

Drumalee beat Redhills by 1 point today sending them back to intermediate.

rodney trotter

Minor Championship final tomorrow, Southern Gaels and Ramor, hopefully revenge for the League final defeat.

Westside

Are Ramor the new Cavan Gaels? Seem to be churning out quality underage teams consistently in the past few years.

mylestheslasher

Very tough draw for the U21s this year away to Donegal. Donegal will feel they owe us a beating and then even if we get by them I expect we will have Monaghan who will also feel they owe us one. Some real leaders have left the team from last year and it will be interesting to see who can fill those central roles in the team.

Can Faulkner be our new full back? Ciaran Brady could by a very good ctr half back, Argue & Buchanan in the middle. Less clear who will be the leaders in the forwards. Can Conor Madden get it together and be the player he threatens to be. Tom Hayes is a potential star and Ryan Connolly has showed some flashes of pure brilliance which we can only hope the management can harness so he re produces it when it matters. No doubt a few other lads will show well in the Hastings cup and stake a claim.

A five in a row would be an unbelievable achievement but I feel last years team was our best chance at the All Ireland. Anyway, the important thing is we keep developing top quality players at this level for the senior team.

rodney trotter

Leaders left in 2011 and were replaced, 
A good spine of the this year's team is still there so wouldn't be getting too concerned about the Leader role. A few players were unlucky not to be starting this year like Fergal Reilly, one of the top club corner backs  in the County. Conor Madden too, will be out to make an impression no doubt.

Donegal will feel they owe Cavan one, probaly should have won the Ulster final this year.

Itchy

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on October 18, 2014, 12:01:52 AM
Are Ramor the new Cavan Gaels? Seem to be churning out quality underage teams consistently in the past few years.

Not a big surprise, big population in Virginia.

Great win for Southern Gaels.

mylestheslasher

Well done Cootehill beating Roger Casements 0-13 to 1-5 in Breffni this evening.

Tomsmithson

With the McKenna Cup coming after Xmas should terry and liam bring the players away on a 5 day bonding trip around near lough Erne where jimmy mc Guinness brought the donegal lads.? I feel he should. It would be great for our young lads to no they were sleeping in the same bed as Micky murphy or colin mc fadden or the p***k molloy. Maybe terry could have jimmys old room?

mrdeeds

You better not be tomsmith from hoganstand. If you are go back there. This is a serious forum not like that childish crap and no place for a WUM.

Tomsmithson

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 13, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
Massive achievement  for Joe McQuillan. A senior championship title with Gaels to add to his All Ireland for Dublin.
.        A serious forum????? With comments like that? Who the hell do you think you are to tell me where to go?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Tomsmithson on October 21, 2014, 05:17:00 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 13, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
Massive achievement  for Joe McQuillan. A senior championship title with Gaels to add to his All Ireland for Dublin.
.        A serious forum????? With comments like that? Who the hell do you think you are to tell me where to go?

You come out with the The "p**ck Molloy",and you're talking about Mr deeds comment.
None of us believe for one second you're a Gaels clubman either.

cavanmaniac

That sad, attention-seeking tomsmith character tried his particular line of see-through drivel in here before, was roundly ignored and slunk away back to the other place where the chattering imbeciles could never resist replying and validating his existence by jumping up and down over every hare-brained thing he posted. He died a death here in two weeks but presumably is still going strong over there, tells you all you need to know. I don't know who this latest chap but if it's him, just don't give him the oxygen.

Elsewhere, I'm more positive about the season ahead with McHale on board. It at least points to a general awareness of the previous approach having taken us as far as it could. Tactically it wasn't working and to my mind, some players were no longer buying into it since the league final and things were in danger of going backwards but this should be a shot in the arm. Maybe the loss of Donnelly was planned or instigated by Terry, who knows? Anyway, looking forward to January to see how it all pans out.