Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I wonder does he post up the ones he loses like the 200e bet  he puts on at 10/1 on him actually starting and finishing a game!

rodney trotter

Never dull with Antonio.

Ballinagh would be our biggest rivals but still happy for them that they won, although with a full team in the quarter final I think we could have beaten them, but nonetheless

Saw this on livegaelic.com clip from 1990 County Final , tough looking stuff http://t.co/P7c4ypvHBb

packiedevlin

He probably bet on himself being sent off though you probably get very poor odds on that by now!!

rodney trotter

Home game against Fermanagh in first League game, then away to Offaly, then away to Wexford, home to Sligo, away to Longford, home to Roscommmon and away to Limerick in final game.

Some tough away games, Wexford and the local darby with Longford. How many years in a row is it now, that Cavan have had more away League games then home,

mylestheslasher

Draw is a joke. It should alternate every year how many home and away games you get. We get fucked with this every year.

rodney trotter

Yeah it should alternate. It will be well earned if Cavan do get promotion next year.

Westside

Very very tough draw. Longford and Wexford away will be extremely difficult games. The one bonus over the past few years is that we get an opener at home, win that and you're on the front foot. I suppose the flip side is if you lose your first home game when you only have 3 you're then staring down the barrel. Division 3 really is a nightmare to get out of.

mylestheslasher

We just have to win that first game or its curtains I reckon. Really bad draw for us but then again we have shown we are good enough to beat any of those teams if we play to our maximum.

S.Poacher2012

Great response so far folks,

GAA Football Coaching Clinic

Saturday 9th November 2013

"Tackling for Success" (10 different Tackling games/drills)

Coaching Forum – Implications of the "Black Card"   
when Coaching the tackle, guests include;

2013 Down Senior Football Captain Mark Poland &
2013 Armagh Senior Football Captain Ciaran Mc Keever

St Columban's College Kilkeel

£10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information book
** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columban's**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919
or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

packiedevlin

I think it normally does rotate, well it has for us anyway. I think last year Fermanagh were giving out as they had 4 away games 3 years in a row but they were being promoted and relegated in that time.
In 2012 we had 4 home, 3 away so its only now (2013, 2014) that we're having 4 away games 2 years running.
First game is crucial though, it was probably the first game in Antrim last year that cost us.

tommysmith

Many going to the game tomorrow night i hear tickets are selling very slow.

Itchy

I'm going but the lack of any Cavan players involved would mute local interest. Weather will also have a big influence.

rodney trotter

Not every day an Irish team plays in Cavan, I'll be going anyway, Weather has been shite which is a pity.

tommysmith

The ground will be half empty by the sounds of thing which is a pity but i guess there is not a big interest in it and the way the weather is it will turn off any late comers.

rodney trotter

Where are you hearing this? Over 20,000 tickets had been sold earlier in the week