Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Surprised they didn't have a bigger representation on the Minor Team. When's the final?

Any word coming from the Senior camp? Some Monaghan lad on HS saying that Dunne's season is over with a knee injury and Killian Clarke has gone to the USA. Could just be on the windup but both are believable. Been a long year for Clarke don't think I could blame him if he went.

rodney trotter

Not sure when the Minor Final is, Brian O Connell would have been with the Minors aswell, kicked the late score after coming on as a sub against Armagh. They had 1 or 2 other players on the Minor panel aswell.

Be a disaster if Rory Dunne is out injured again. He was have a decent championship after being injury hit for the past 2 years. And playing little football in the League.

comeysfield

Sounds like we will be definitely without Rory Dunne & McEnroe  McLoughlin doubtful as well. Killian Clarke will be there that sounds like bull Sh*** to me

CC1

Killian Clarke most certainly is still here and won't be going anywhere until the end of Cavan's season.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

rodney trotter

Rory Dunne is the only player doubtful. The rest are grand and should be able to play.

Itchy

What is worse than having Marty Duffy ref the game, why having his brother do it instead. Thank you GAA, think I might watch the game on aertel as this man will most likely ruin it.

Itchy

Team named...

1.  Conor Gilsenan (Bailieborough Shamrocks)
2.  Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels)
3.  Rory Dunne (Redhills)
4.  Killian Clarke (Shercock)
5.  James McEnroe (Ramor United)
6.  Alan Clarke (Kingscourt) Captain
7.  Ronan Flanagan (Castlerahan)
8.  Damien O'Reilly (Belturbet)
9.  David Givney (Mountnugent)
10. Cian Mackey (Castlerahan)
11. Jack Brady (Ramor United)
12. Feargal Flanagan (Butlersbridge)
13. Niall McDermott (Ballinagh)
14. Martin Dunne (Cavan Gaels)
15. Eugene Keating (Saint Sylvesters)

mylestheslasher

Team named as expected. I'd expect that team to start unless there are some injuries that we don't know about.

FermGael

That will be the team that takes time field for the parade anyhow. Fermanagh team will be named by 7.01 p.m tomorrow.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

7.25 when Fermanagh score?

FermGael

That's not a bad shout. I expect 7.21
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mylestheslasher

Good luck to our lads today. I am convinced we have the better footballers and once the work rate and passion is there I think we can pull through. It will not be easy and I expect a big effort from Fermanagh.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on July 01, 2013, 06:00:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 01, 2013, 10:14:58 AM
Fermanagh again.  I'd have preferred to have played them in Brewster but hay ho.

It's not a great draw as they will have lots of motivation and will be confident that if they get off to a better start will win and the game at weekend will have brought them on as well.  Westmeath were in division 2 final so are not a bad team.

It's hard to know where Cavan are at, i would say that things have improved but how much is the big question.

Division 3 football is poor and there isn't a decent team in it so getting promotion is a must next year if we are to improve further. 

The last decent team that we played was Kildare and they hammered us and look what Dublin did to them yesterday. 

IMO the only thing's that the present team have any chance of winning is a Division 3 league.  Hopefully we can get some scoring forwards into the team/panel in the next year or two to help with scoring. i know Gearoid will also help on that front when fit again.

Forgot to reply to that, but comparing the Kildare result to this year's side is like comparing apples & oranges. Cavan are a lot more solid in defence this year, and that is clear by the way they are set up defensively.
(Ross result apart in the league) Cavan were also without James McEnroe, Alan Clarke, Cian Mackey for all of 2012. They have been excellent this year.

Getting the defence is right was the main thing at the start of the year, Peter Donnelly has been doing good work in that area.

Anyways. Dublin would hammer any team in Leinster, they are the playing the best football in the Country. Kildare aren't the same team as last year, scrapped past Offaly in the quarter finals.

Also think there is more then a Division 3 title in the Cavan side in future years. Not going to happen all of a sudden...

Westside

A win against Fermanagh and a good showing in the next round would really be a fantastic year for Cavan. That said I wouldn't be overly concerned if we didn't tonight, we have already exceeded expectations this year. I think the 3 Championship games so far has eased pressure on the team, there isn't the same desperate need for a win just to salvage something from the season.