Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 34345 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »

You canít get it off a dog unless you stroke a dog thatís got it on itís fur.
;D
When GAA board wannabe quack says  this about covid ...  ... ..... .....      have a bucket of salt nearby,  as it just keeps coming.

LCohen

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2020, 06:30:36 AM »
Some parks have signs up saying things like, use leads if dogs canít be controlled, others are very specific and leads must be used.

My point is not Covid related. Signs are clear. The dog owners using the park seem incapable of following basic rules

Dogs off a lead is fine as long as the owners are happy that they have control of the dog and they have the bags to clean up any mess the dog may leave. Letting dogs run about out of control and not cleaning up mess gives all the responsible dog owners a bad name.

Iím not talking about dogs of the leash. Iím talking about dogs off the lead in parks with multiple signs that say dogs must be kept on a lead. I need hardly point out the important difference

Try living with the likes of a boxer dog that hasn't had 2 hours sprinting under its belt a day and you may change your tune. You'll little to be be moaning at by the sounds of it

3 issues here.

Firstly my grandson was recently attacked by a dog. Mauled would be a huge exaggeration but psychologically he is not in a great place. The park has become a nightmare now because other people canít/wonít obey the rules.

Secondly I donít live with a boxer. Those that do have decided to. If they are responsible dog owners they will no doubt have assessed the dogís requirements and their ability to legally meet them before buying/breeding the dog?

Thirdly the point that the rules are clear and clearly displayed. So which category do the dog owners fall into - canít read, wonít read or donít think rules apply to them?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2020, 07:54:27 AM »

;D
When GAA board wannabe quack says  this about covid ...  ... ..... .....      have a bucket of salt nearby,  as it just keeps coming.

Karen from Facebook said it, so itís true  ;)

She said:
If dogs arenít transmitting COVID-19, why did one in Hong Kong test positive?
So far, only one dog has tested positive for coronavirus. The dog had swabs taken from its nose and mouth and these samples were found to be Ďweak positiveí. The dog had no signs of disease and its blood samples were negative for antibodies. Itís believed that the positive results were due to the dog breathing in contaminated air from the infected owner. Later tests showed that the blood sample tested negative.

As with any surface, if someone with COVID-19 touches, sneezes or coughs on a dog, the virus could temporarily contaminate them. Although we donít know how long COVID-19 can survive on surfaces, scientists think that it could range from a few hours to several days, depending on the type of surface, how warm it is and levels of humidity.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:07:32 AM by Milltown Row2 »
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:01 PM »
Some parks have signs up saying things like, use leads if dogs canít be controlled, others are very specific and leads must be used.

My point is not Covid related. Signs are clear. The dog owners using the park seem incapable of following basic rules

Dogs off a lead is fine as long as the owners are happy that they have control of the dog and they have the bags to clean up any mess the dog may leave. Letting dogs run about out of control and not cleaning up mess gives all the responsible dog owners a bad name.

Iím not talking about dogs of the leash. Iím talking about dogs off the lead in parks with multiple signs that say dogs must be kept on a lead. I need hardly point out the important difference

Try living with the likes of a boxer dog that hasn't had 2 hours sprinting under its belt a day and you may change your tune. You'll little to be be moaning at by the sounds of it

3 issues here.

Firstly my grandson was recently attacked by a dog. Mauled would be a huge exaggeration but psychologically he is not in a great place. The park has become a nightmare now because other people canít/wonít obey the rules.

Secondly I donít live with a boxer. Those that do have decided to. If they are responsible dog owners they will no doubt have assessed the dogís requirements and their ability to legally meet them before buying/breeding the dog?

Thirdly the point that the rules are clear and clearly displayed. So which category do the dog owners fall into - canít read, wonít read or donít think rules apply to them?
Agree 100% LCohen

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »
A dog attacking a young kid in a public place is an intolerable situation.
The park rules are made for the reckless owners and the responsible dog owners have to suffer them.

My dog is use to a daily 8km-10km run, fortunately  I live in a rural location, I take the bicycle out and she follows me at steady 15km/h pace, with plenty of pauses. I've seen owners use a  bike specific harness in urban areas, is that not an alternative for the active dog?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:40 PM »
The park rules are made for the reckless owners and the responsible dog owners have to suffer them.

My dog is use to a daily 8km-10km run, fortunately  I live in a rural location, I take the bicycle out and she follows me at steady 15km/h pace, with plenty of pauses. I've seen owners use a  bike specific harness in urban areas, is that not an alternative for the active dog?

There are plenty straps for running with dogs, I see plenty, if your dog has the capacity to maul a child then it should be on a lead, my two dogs couldnít maul the face off a jelly baby.

Iíve never taken them to a place that requires me to put a lead on them other than walking through the streets.

Wouldnít be keen to use a strap for a dog on a bike! The feckers stop to sniff and every post!

But if the wardens patrol the parks and hand out warnings it would certainly help, and the lazy dog owners who donít pick up their dogs poohs need a kicking
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
Possibly covered before, but why do some dog owners tie the poo-bags on hedges?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
Because they are lazy cnuts with no respect for others or the environment they live in.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2020, 05:37:43 PM »

There are plenty straps for running with dogs, I see plenty, if your dog has the capacity to maul a child then it should be on a lead, my two dogs couldnít maul the face off a jelly baby.

Iíve never taken them to a place that requires me to put a lead on them other than walking through the streets.

Wouldnít be keen to use a strap for a dog on a bike! The feckers stop to sniff and every post!

But if the wardens patrol the parks and hand out warnings it would certainly help, and the lazy dog owners who donít pick up their dogs poohs need a kicking
That why I wrote "with plenty of pauses"  :D  You have to allow for quality sniff time, even on a bike.

Thing is, the bike harnesss might be an alternative for a dog who needs  serious exercise.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:40:35 PM by Main Street »

LCohen

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »

I suppose my simple point is that people who donít read signs should read signs and that those who do read signs should follow them. Incredibly some people will find that a controversial position.

Going slightly further I would ask those who donít think the rules apply to them what words would they use if they were asked to publicly justify their view that the rule doesnít apply to them?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »

I suppose my simple point is that people who donít read signs should read signs and that those who do read signs should follow them. Incredibly some people will find that a controversial position.

Going slightly further I would ask those who donít think the rules apply to them what words would they use if they were asked to publicly justify their view that the rule doesnít apply to them?

Itís a bit like speeding, if the sign says 30 mph then why do people go over it? Madness

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »

This is such a dickhead thing to do, leaving the poo lying would be better at least it could biodegrade

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2020, 09:51:00 AM »

This is such a dickhead thing to do, leaving the poo lying would be better at least it could biodegrade

Now this is only workable when letís say you head off to a Forrest walk with the dogs, the entrance generally fine, bins aplenty but the whole way through the trail there isnít one bin!

Now the best thing to do is just carry the shit bag till you come back 2 hours later! Or, Iíve done it a couple of times I place it by the path go finish your walk and pick it up on the way back.

Only works if you pick it up though, absolutely no excuse to do it in areas that have plenty bins, the worst is just leaving it at the foot of the bin WTF!