Help needed - specific computer question

Started by corn02, October 24, 2007, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Random question for techie heads.

I am installing a game i.e FM08 and when I go to click accept terms it wont let me click the accept box with my mouse. It is not to do with the disc I know for fact but rather my computer. My Mouse works grand but won't function in this installation? Any ideas?

Gnevin

Try tabbing to the box , its the button over the cap lock if just in case you don't know
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

stpauls

i am assuming you can move the mouse over the tick box, but it just won't let you check it, or is it you can't use the mouse at all for the installation?

corn02

The tab button would not work.

Yeah can move the mouse but can not click, frustrating. Any hints?

stpauls

is there a registration field you need to fill in some where, tht is where i have seen that problem before. you can click the 'submit' button or the like until a certain field is filled in!

The Real Laoislad

Is there a terms and conditions box that you have to tick the i agree box?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Try TABing until you focus on the dialogue box.

Then hit the spacebar. Sometimes that switches the options on and off.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Yeah I have to tick the I accept terms. box, ill try those suggestions now.

David McKeown

A lot of games now wont allow you to click I accept until you scroll to the bottom of the terms and conditions.  Its supposed to prove you have read them.  Others are time delayed for the same reason
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Doogie Browser

On my home PC my computer does not seem to recognise any additional hardware i.e. when I connect my IPOD to a USB port nothing happens - I have done all the re-setting of IPOD etc etc to no avail.
I also recently bought a digital camera and downloaded the software ok but when I used the USB lead there was no reaction from my PC.  It is 18 months old bought direct from DELL.  Anyone any ideas?  Looks like the USB ports are not working or picking up anything.

stpauls

usually your pc, depending on what version of Windows you are using, should pick up the USB/Hardware automatically, unless the ports have been disabled.
go to your device manager and you should be able to check there whether they have or not!