What Band Would You Put In Croker

Started by Bud Wiser, October 24, 2007, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Puckoon on October 24, 2007, 06:33:37 PM
U2 generally leave headquarters happy.
So do the Dub's it's just that once a year blip we need to stamp out
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ludermor

stpauls

me personally would have Pearl Jam in Croker, one of the greatest live acts that i have had the misfortune of never seeing live, bar on DVD that is!!

the support act would have to be Van Halen, for the craic and great guitar riffs!!!

Mac hinery

Pink Floyd (only if Waters is with them)

Balboa

Bud Wiser

I said at the start of the thread not to name bands that played in Croke Park before.  U2 have played in Croke Park more times than Armagh !

You can mention solo artists as well as bands, like the son of that fella Julio whatever his name is, I think Henrik Egg Lazy Ass.

I notice Daniel O'Donnell and the Sister never got a mention :-\
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Kerry Mike

The Artane Boys Band or the Artane Boys and Girls Band for the PC crew.

Welcome back Bud....
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

gaagaa

wot about a certain page, plant, jones &  bonham jnr?
it's been a long time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stpauls

Quote from: gaagaa on October 24, 2007, 10:25:10 PM
wot about a certain page, plant, jones &  bonham jnr?
it's been a long time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

forgot about Led Zeppelin!! myline up has no changed to them, with Pearl Jam supporting!!

catweazle

Would love to go to AC/DC again, went to them in the states a few years back and it was the best concert i was ever at. Mountbatten is mad to get them into Slane though

Kerry Mike

QuoteWould love to go to AC/DC again, went to them in the states a few years back and it was the best concert i was ever at. Mountbatten is mad to get them into Slane though

That concert would just blow you away..........  :o

Me thinks its the Marquess Conyngham or as he is better known, the bould Henry Mountcharles, that you mean .
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fishbat

Aye, a whole day job kicking off with The Who, then Springsteen for 4 hrs followed by a spot of UB40 to give the crowd and the Bruce a break then put him on for the rest of the day

Oraisteach

Since we are talking about Croke, the real Field of Dreams where miracles occur (after all, Armagh did win an AIF there), and since it's my concert and I'm a grumpy curmudgeon from the dark age of music when guitars were powered by elastic bands, I invoke the right to exhume the dead or near-dead, so here's the line-up:

Little Feat with Lowell George (ecstasy)
Van Morrison (my only musical regret is that I never say him in his heyday)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (thrilled me beyond expectations)
Velvet Underground
Sir Rory
The Cuchulainn Folk Four

An eclectic cacophony, I know, but I'd be a pig in muck.  And to round things off, clear the playing surface and bring in The Ohio State Marching Band doing Script Kerry since, after all, it may be in Dublin but it's really a part of Dingle.

And by the way, good to have you back Bud.

downredblack

I'd reform the Smiths , and for the  undercard I would reform Lloyd Cole & Commotions and The Specials and throw in  Billy Bragg for good measure .
I'll have to try and get my musical tastes out of the 80's.

the Deel Rover

if the boss was unavailable i'd try and bring in the pussycat dolls some of their lyrics are unreal ;) you would also see the lads from the would you/wouldn't you tread in front of the stage foaming at the mouth  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001