What Band Would You Put In Croker

Started by Bud Wiser, October 24, 2007, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Ok, I rang The Boss there and he says he will do it for $240,000 which is not bad at all with the rate of the dollar.
See http://www.executivevisions.com/booking-agent.asp

When I told him Richie Kavanagh was the support he went spare though!

Any more ideas before we sign up and start advertising?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

The Real Laoislad

Might not be too everyones taste but i reckon Bon Jovi would fill Croker
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

the old Guns and Roses - yes!

new Guns and Roses - no!

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:21:51 PM
If your not too busy LL ?;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

the Deel Rover

i see by your posts you in to your soft metal LL, I'm getting a mental picture of you, your wear a torn Guns and Roses tee shirt, also wearing a headband with a mullet haircut. You have a tatto of Debbie and  a goat on either arm. Am i Close
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 24, 2007, 05:29:37 PM
i see by your posts you in to your soft metal LL, I'm getting a mental picture of you, your wear a torn Guns and Roses tee shirt, also wearing a headband with a mullet haircut. You have a tatto of Debbie and  a goat on either arm. Am i Close

Im into all types of music,I have never wore a t-shirt of a band ever(well maybe i did have a Oasis one once).As for the mullet haircut   :D :D :D :D Lets just say it's been a long time since i even needed to use shampoo!
As for the Debbie tattoo  :-X
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

any of the recently reformed for tour type jobs, Genisis or Dire Straits(if they reform) type thing.

If this was hypothetical , Id say QUEEN just to watch Freddie Mercury with a crowd in the palm of his hands
Its Grim up North

Hardy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 24, 2007, 05:11:45 PM
maybe paul daniels and deebie magee could do some tricks to keep the crowd entertained instead of having a support act

Laoislad and Debbie Magee doing a few tricks would probably entertain them even more.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2007, 05:36:19 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 24, 2007, 05:11:45 PM
maybe paul daniels and deebie magee could do some tricks to keep the crowd entertained instead of having a support act

Laoislad and Debbie Magee doing a few tricks would probably entertain them even more.

I like to think that Miss Magee could show us all a few tricks  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on October 24, 2007, 05:38:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:30:15 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 24, 2007, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:21:51 PM
If your not too busy LL ?;)

???
Original  GNR line up or crap new one?

Not fussed once i got powerfull renditions of Paradise City,Welcome to the jungle,Nightrain and Don't Cry i'd be happy
What about Joe Dolan  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Id like to see a festival, or medly of bands. It would be too good a stage to pass up.
Having seen Green day recently, their live energy has to be seen to be believed.
Id like them to headline a day of great music in croker.

Gnevin

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 24, 2007, 06:22:08 PM
20 years ago I went to see U2 in Croke Park, no one comes close and it is their home venue.
I can see the headlines on hogan stand tomorrow
Group of Dub's claim Croke Park as home ,shocker

Puckoon

U2 generally leave headquarters happy.