What Band Would You Put In Croker

Started by Bud Wiser, October 24, 2007, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Ok, so you are Denis Desmond for a day and you are given the task of putting on a gig in Croke Park.  What band would you choose - outside of any bands that have played there already.

I suppose we will get the Wolfe Tones but however, I be interested to see who you think would draw the biggest crowd.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Square Ball

Can you do an undercard so to speak then a headliner?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Meat Loaf... gotta be Meat Loaf.

Probably the biggest crowd puller would be the Boyzone reunion, which is alleged to be happening.
Testing Accessibility

Tankie

I would love to see Bruce Springsteen in Croker, two night should be enough!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

but of course if you wanted to fill Croker their is only one sure way. Get a few Dub(liners)s in their!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bud Wiser

We've had Micko, what about Jacko?

Name a support group as well.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:03:42 PM
Guns N Roses or AC/DC

End of Thread  :)
Original line up or current because if its original you may as well include dead bands too?

Bud Wiser

QuoteGuns N Roses or AC/DC

I'd have the Ballyroan Brass Band before either of them.

What about Mark Knoffler?  http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/listen/0,,4387618,00.html
Steve Earle?

the Deel Rover

It hurts me to say this but on this occasion i agree with gnevin and tankie it would have to be the boss and the e street band, of course the stage would have to be set up on the canal end wouldn't want to upset the dubs ;) maybe paul daniels and deebie magee could do some tricks to keep the crowd entertained instead of having a support act
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 24, 2007, 05:09:14 PM

What about Mark Knoffler?  http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/listen/0,,4387618,00.html
Steve Earle?

What ya on about ya can't bate a bit of Paradise City or Thunder  :D
I wonder how much of a audience Trudi Lalor would attract  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 24, 2007, 05:11:45 PM
It hurts me to say this but on this occasion i agree with gnevin and tankie it would have to be the boss and the e street band, of course the stage would have to be set up on the canal end wouldn't want to upset the dubs ;) maybe paul daniels and deebie magee could do some tricks to keep the crowd entertained instead of having a support act
I have to laugh at the post number of that post Deel 666 , See agreeing with Dubs is evil

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:12:24 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 24, 2007, 05:09:14 PM

What about Mark Knoffler?  http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/listen/0,,4387618,00.html
Steve Earle?

What ya on about ya can't bate a bit of Paradise City or Thunder  :D
I wonder how much of a audience Trudi Lalor would attract  :)
LL question about line ups for you above.