Ulster Camogie

Started by Downcamog, October 23, 2007, 01:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downcamog

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but I have been a watchful supporter of this site for approx 9 months now and have never really seen camogie discussed on it.  With great work being done in Ulster Camogie at the minute and the province winning the Senior Provincial title at the weekend, Derry winning the All Ireland Junior title, U16 title and Senior Schools title with Antrim winning the Minor B title and only they met Kilkenny in the semi-final of the A competition would have been in an All Ireland A Final - is there enough support out there for valuable discussion on the topic?  With integration the buzz word from Croke Park and Ulster Council I'm sure all you footballers / hurlers have got valuable input into this topic.  We all know the names of county players in the football / hurling circles but do Jane Adams, Clare Docherty, Grainne McGolderick, Fionnuala Carr, Maureen Stewart mean anything to the vast majority of GAA supporters in Ulster.  Would appreciate some feedback on the topic.

A Quinn Martin Production

Yes, I noticed that the Ulster Camogs won the "Camogie Railway Cup" for the first time since 1967.  This year's achievement probably oustrips that as I believe that in 1967 Antrim were All Ireland Senior Champions so Ulster would have been pretty strong then.  I know CJ and Kevin McGourty's sister (Melissa??) plays for Antrim.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Downcamog

Yeah Maorise (think that how you spell it) McGourty - very talented player seen her a few times playing for Rossa seniors also a very talented footballer. Still very young probably should have been on the Antrim Minor panel this year but I think is just out of U16 this year. Definitely one to watch.  Just to let interested parties know the All Ireland club semi-finals with Rossa (Senior A) and Keady(Senior B) both of whom reached the All IReland club finals last year are in Pairc Esler, Newry this year on the 4th or 11th November.