FIFA 2008 or Pro 2008

Started by IrishKid, October 23, 2007, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishKid

Seeing as there is no one over on my forum site (I hate all of you, but you will come) I am posting this here.

I have FIFa 2008 for the PS3 and its quite good, I am a Pro Evo fan though and will probably get the new one this week. Where do you fall on the FIFA V PRO debate?

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

stpauls

don't own a playstation of any kind but have played both FIFA and Pro Evo and to be honest, Pro Evo is by far the better game!!

IrishKid

Anyone played FIFA 2008?

and on a side note annyone ever played the gaelic football game, think it was for PS2?

his holiness nb

Quote from: IrishKid on October 23, 2007, 01:13:36 PM
Anyone played FIFA 2008?

and on a side note annyone ever played the gaelic football game, think it was for PS2?

The gaelic one was absolute and utter muck.

But they have a new version out for christmas, so heres hoping its an improvement, also have a hurling one.

Pre selling it on gaastore.ie
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

I bought Fifa 08 for the PS2... (still holding out for the PS3 to get cheaper )  
I was always more of a FIFA player than a Pro Evo too be honest.The latest installment isn't great though but im sure thats because the PS2 is on its way out
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

I've always been a Pro Evo person. I got Fifa as part of a deal when I got the Xbox 360, and thus far I'm not particularly impressed.

(For the purposes of full disclosure, I haven't given it a lot of roadtesting. I got Oblivion a few days later and it is consuming all my days and nights. The only time I type here is while waiting for my magicka to replenish!)

pintsofguinness

I've FIFA 08 for PS2 - always a FIFA fan but I like Pro Evolution too.
PE has better game play but FIFA's game play gets better every year (but is it just me that cant cross the ball?).
Fifa has great game modes (I love the career one) but PRo Evolution has the better game play - if you could combine the two it'd be perfect game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tankie

I have Fifa 08 for the Xbox 360 and I think it is a great all round game. Fifa have really got themselves sorted with game play over the last couple of versions.
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 23, 2007, 01:35:26 PM
I've FIFA 08 for PS2 - always a FIFA fan but I like Pro Evolution too.
PE has better game play but FIFA's game play gets better every year (but is it just me that cant cross the ball?).
Fifa has great game modes (I love the career one) but PRo Evolution has the better game play - if you could combine the two it'd be perfect game.

Just press the direction you want to cross and press the square button..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I know that but it goes totally wrong! 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 23, 2007, 01:45:15 PM
I know that but it goes totally wrong! 

Just play as Liverpool and im sure it will work  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

I often use the quick cross where you hold L1 and press the cross button..Really handy when you have a fast or tall striker
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on October 23, 2007, 01:40:27 PM
I have Fifa 08 for the Xbox 360 and I think it is a great all round game. Fifa have really got themselves sorted with game play over the last couple of versions.

Tankie playing a soccer game  :o  Next he'll be telling us he likes culchies
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 23, 2007, 01:48:56 PM
Quote from: Tankie on October 23, 2007, 01:40:27 PM

Tankie playing a soccer game  :o  Next he'll be telling us he likes culchies

I never said i hated soccer, I just don't find it very interesting. I just can't understand why people support foreign teams, either traveling to Britain or where ever to watch them or more often that not head down to the pub and watch a team that they have no real connection with as they are not from there.
Grand Slam Saturday!