Sinn Fein Introduces Water Charges In the North!

Started by Guillem2, October 22, 2007, 10:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 23, 2007, 10:16:01 AM
Are the people in the North not already paying for their water in their annual rates bill?

Yes, but the money wasn't allocated to the water system.  Hence this mess now.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 23, 2007, 10:18:48 AM
The way I see it water charges are being introduced for home owners i.e. people who have already conceded the point that it is okay to profiteer from the buying and selling of what should be common to us all i.e. the land. So don't come crying when someone else takes this a step further and makes you pay for another common resource.

What a load of sh*te.  You don't half come out with some boll*x.

Balboa

The way I see it water charges are being introduced for home owners i.e. people who have already conceded the point that it is okay to profiteer from the buying and selling of what should be common to us all i.e. the land. So don't come crying when someone else takes this a step further and makes you pay for another common resource.

Non homeowners also have to pay them Donagh.......

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 23, 2007, 10:21:55 AM

What a load of sh*te.  You don't half come out with some boll*x.

Thank you for that informed retort Chris. I see you are working hard to maintain your previous high standards.  ::)

Donagh

Quote from: Balboa on October 23, 2007, 10:22:34 AM

Do they? I didn't realise - I thought they were being lumped in with the rates (which are only paid for by homeowners). Well booo!!!!! Off with Murphys head!!!!!

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 23, 2007, 10:20:32 AM
Fianna Fail - middle class Unionism's direct line into the global economy

You do flatter me Chris - you want yo go on a date?  :-*

Balboa

Quote from: Donagh on October 23, 2007, 10:26:33 AM

Do they? I didn't realise - I thought they were being lumped in with the rates (which are only paid for by homeowners). Well booo!!!!! Off with Murphys head!!!!!

Rates are not only paid for by homeowners, my sister rents a house and her rates are included in her rent.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 23, 2007, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on October 23, 2007, 10:20:32 AM
Fianna Fail - middle class Unionism's direct line into the global economy

You do flatter me Chris - you want yo go on a date?  :-*

Call it an under-hand left wing* tribute.

*  I know you'll be touched by the left wing bit ;)

Donagh

Quote from: Balboa on October 23, 2007, 10:29:27 AM

Rates are not only paid for by homeowners, my sister rents a house and her rates are included in her rent.

Ahh... sounds like the landlord trying to make out he's doing her a favour. Rates are paid by the owner of the house only - there's no obligation on a tennant to pay them.

Balboa

Quote from: Donagh on October 23, 2007, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: Balboa on October 23, 2007, 10:29:27 AM

Ahh... sounds like the landlord trying to make out he's doing her a favour. Rates are paid by the owner of the house only - there's no obligation on a tennant to pay them.

Talkin sh*te im afraid, she rents it from the housing executive.

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 23, 2007, 09:59:03 AM
Come on lads, who honestly thought that water charges would be scrapped - EVERY political party in the wee six campaigned on no water charges, and whoever got the post was going to have to impliment these charges. But why let that stop youse having the usual Sinn Fein bashing!!

You call it Sinn Fein bashing. I call it the cut and thrust of everyday politics. Maybe the Shinners thought they were going to be able to use the "playing politics with the peace process" line ad infinitum. As the general election in the Republic showed, this is not the case.

deiseach

Newsflash: communism doesn't work.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Deiseach, did you bother to read my post or just that one line!  ::)
Tbc....

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 23, 2007, 11:09:47 AM
Deiseach, did you bother to read my post or just that one line!  ::)

Yes, I read the post, and your defence of water charges is not the point. The Shinners said they would not introduce water charges, and they have. It may make perfect sense, but you can't seriously expect SF's political opponents to pass up on an opportunity to have a pop at them, can you?

Donagh

Quote from: deiseach on October 23, 2007, 10:48:46 AM

Newsflash: communism doesn't work.

Your entitled to your opinion on that deiseach, but I didn't mention communism. Just the way I see things morally.