National League and what your county needs to get out of it

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, October 22, 2007, 01:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

So what do people think their counties main aims this year should be in the National League...

For Dublin the main aims I think should be...

1 - Win Div 2 and get promoted.
2 - Give more experience to the younger players such as McConnell, Brennan, B Brogan, Vaughan, Connolly, O'Mahony, Bonnar
3 - Give more gametime to players such as O'Shea, Shaughnessy, Lally, Magee, Quinn, Goggins
4 - Try out options at centre back (eg Cahill/Magee/Brennan)
5 - Decide who is possible replacement for McConnell at full back if things not working.
6 - Decide on a centre forward and play him for the whole league campaign - Keaney/Brogan/Cullen
6 - Ensure a more clinical view of shot taking
7 - Try to ensure a more efficient defensive performance

Cluxton - not for all games
Shaughnessy
McConnell
O'Shea
Henry
Cahill
Brennan
O'Mahoney
Magee
Connolly
Keaney
Brogan
Quinn
Bonnar
Vaughan

for example being a team which leaves Casey, Moran, Cullen, Whelan, Ryan, Brogan etc a rest and have guys like Lally, Magee, Goggins etc on the bench to come on....

tyroneman

Tir Eoghain - NFL 2008 Wishlist

1. Find and establish a FB and viable alternative.
2. Achieve 1a by giving Joey McMahon a decent run there.
3. Get Mugsy fit.
4. Find a half decent right footed free taker.
5. Find a new MF partner for Sean.
6. Failing that get Hub fit and back on form.
7. Find at least 2 new scoring forwards (McGinn plus 1)
8. Further develop Raymie Mulgrew.
9. Start looking at alternatives to Ricey at CB
10. Experiment a bit more with alternative patterns of play (e.g. Kerry / Armagh route 1 - depends on (7) though)
11. (Since it's a wish list) See Brian McGuigan back on the pitch
12. Shake up the team a bit, create some competition
13. Get the Mayo monkey off our back.
14. Beat the Dubs (again)

and most of all.........ENTER THE 2008 CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A FULL, FIT AND HEALTHY PANEL

AZOffaly

Simple for us. Promotion into Division 3. No excuses, no rubbish about trying lads out, just play at least 13 of our first 15 every week, and get promoted. It was ridiculous that they allowed themselves get into that position in the first place, but now they must get themselves out of it.

Croí na hÉireann

1. Get promoted from Div 2 or at the very least finish in the top half.
2. Sort out the half forward line for once and for all.
3. Win the last league game so we're going in against the Slashers in the right frame of mind.
4. Find someone who can regularly kick a 45, has Connaughton the accuracy???
5. Beat Eastmeath.
6. Play Flan FF if we're gonna go with a 3 man inside forward line for the championship.
7. Be a more physical and aggressive team.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Captain Scarlet

For Kildare
1. Staying in the top tier
2. Really trying to blood new players, giving them a run in the team.
3. Develop a mean streak
4. Take teams on phsically
5. Show a consistent game plan
6. Weed out deadweight

On a personal note id like to see Johnny Doyle rested for a fe wgames and see who will take up responsibility.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Jinxy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 22, 2007, 02:00:31 PM
3. Win the last league game so we're going in against the Slashers in the right frame of mind.
5. Beat Eastmeath.
6. Play Flan FF if we're gonna go with a 3 man inside forward line for the championship.

I'd nearly be up for ye! It's gone beyond a joke at this stage. :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on October 22, 2007, 02:40:54 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 22, 2007, 02:00:31 PM
5. Beat Eastmeath.

I'd nearly be up for ye! It's gone beyond a joke at this stage. :D

Well sure since there's not a chance of yous making the Leinster Final beating yous in the league will have to do for this year...  ;)

Gnevin

Good to see 5 teams will be winning Divison 2 this year  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim...couldn't be simpler:

Take it seriously and get promoted
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Rossfan

Wish - we hold on in div 2 ,develop as a team and give some experience to the Minors of 06.
Fear - 7 straight defeats, more army training from MaughTAN, and a demoralised team at the end of it plus some of the 2006 Minors ruined.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

For Monaghan:

At the very least, retain division 2 status. Being relegated would be a disaster, but not likely in my opinion.

We're playing the following:
Cavan
Armagh
Cork
Dublin
Meath
Westmeath
Roscommon

There's a few tough ones there, but Monaghan should pick up the necessary points.

What's the story with semi-finals or finals? Do we have 4 cups now? Does the winner of each league (i.e. top of the table) get the cup or are there still 'final' stages?

Oh, and i'd also like Armagh and Cavan to be away games...... and Cork to be a home game. Would just make travelling easier.  :P

his holiness nb

I reckon everyone in that division wants Cork at home, all the others are close enough.

If Dublin get Cork at home I think I could get all games in without having to fork out for hotels,
Stingy git that I am!
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 22, 2007, 06:19:54 PM
For Monaghan:

At the very least, retain division 2 status. Being relegated would be a disaster, but not likely in my opinion.

We're playing the following:
Cavan
Armagh
Cork
Dublin
Meath
Westmeath
Roscommon

There's a few tough ones there, but Monaghan should pick up the necessary points.

What's the story with semi-finals or finals? Do we have 4 cups now? Does the winner of each league (i.e. top of the table) get the cup or are there still 'final' stages?

Oh, and i'd also like Armagh and Cavan to be away games...... and Cork to be a home game. Would just make travelling easier.  :P

Want Cork away, hit Langerland for the weekend...

his holiness nb

Could be a friday nighter though, how early do you get off work!!
Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

Kerry: After taking a break from the league in 2007 it would be nice to win it again in 2008, there are some of the Kerry lads who now have more AI's than League medals and that can't be right, while there are a few others who have never won it and that's not right either. Pat O'Shea would like it added to his CV too.

We need to blood a few players too as our panel looked weak at times this year espeically the backs. They may be needed for the crack at the auld 3-in-a-row later in the year.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football