Down

Started by turkey+ham, October 21, 2007, 01:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey+ham

Is Ross Carr the right man for the job? We have suffered enuff shit over tha past few years without throwing the towel in!!!! What do we need to do next? We need a panel of twenty-five players who will sweat blood to win an AIF for us. Come on to fuk!!!!Q!

Naomh Pol CLG

Take out Benny Coulter, and the rest of the panel is very ordinary. We need players who showed huge potential at underage level to step up to the plate.  People like Laim Doyle (lets not forget it was him everyone talked about from the 1999 All Ireland Winning Minor team, Not Benny Coulter), Michael Walsh, Dan McCartan, Ronan Sexton and Ambrose Rogers should by now pushing for inter-county football.  Instead most of them struggle to get a game for Down.

I don't know about Ross Carr, he always struck me as a quiet kind of person, not a great motivator.  That said, DJ Kane I would think is a good motivator, Give them another couple of years I suppose.

Our pool of players is small compared to Armagh, Derry or Tyrone, we only have 4 Divisions and of them Division 4 is a joke, perhaps a restructure of the Leagues is overdue.  Clubs like Kilcoo, An Rioct, Bryansford and Mayo bridge could easily have two teams in the top 2 divisions, perhaps we could incorporate some of ACPRL teams as Division 4 & 5 rather than a separate league, a format used successfully in Derry and Antrim....

Work to be done at all levels IMHO :(

Pangurban

This important topic is being addressed by Down Men on the Local Discussion Forum, do we really need a thread here to wash our dirty linen in public, and invite ill-informed comment from the rest of the country

orangeman

It's like this - everybody can't have a brilliant team all the time - it goes in cycles - Down are rebuilding and it will take time - simple - and they could cause a shock against Tyrone next year !

doofus

I think Ross is the right man for the job, the players respect him, he knows the game and hes committed. Not too many men could have done better than what he has.