Soldier proudly salutes towel

Started by guy crouchback, October 19, 2007, 02:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guy crouchback

I came across this on a rangers supporters site. very funny.

QuoteRe: Wee story from Benidorm that sums up being a Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinstein57
Mrs Colin Stein, me and my youngest are currently enjoying a wee week in Benidorm. Before we came she bought us both a Union Flag beach towel. Each night they fly proudly from our balcony separated by the bairns Rangers towel. I watch some of the locals walk by, stop and stare at the display and then discuss it, no doubt recalling that momentous night in Barcelona in 72 or the up and coming return visit by the Bears.

Anyway at the poolside yesterday I was approached by a cockney guy, who explained he was a Chelsea supporting serving soldier (and Bear friendly) and asked if the flag display was mine. I said yes, and he said he didn´t want to sound cheeky but that the towels were sometimes flying upside down. I thought he was being petty, but he explained he expected more from the Quintessential British Club and that it was that attention to fine detail that made us different from all the rest. I was impressed that he was aware of the Quintessential mantle and I promised to make sure that the flags flew properly in future. Well the wife actually becasue she´s in charge of that sort of thing.

Last night as I sat in my balcony I watched my new Chelsea mate and his family return from the town. He stopped outside my balcony, proudly saluted the towels and then carried on to his apartment.

A proud moment.

it is indeed
how many bears would have noticed that?

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Police

This Is The Police

What is a solider?

Respect My Authority

thejuice

Whats a bear? (I know what a bear actually is, but in relation to soccer?)(something tells me its nothing to do with the Chicago Bears)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Think its something like the teddy bears or soemthing?? Rhymes with the gers?

saffron sam2

Yip ONL is correct, Teddy Bears is rhyming slang for Rangers. In this case, a bear is a Rangers supporter.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

bingobus

I thought this was going to be a story about goldilocks stealing one of three Bears towels.

Very disappointing outcome.  ;D

dec

I used to read a Rangers forum from time to time for entertainment, there was some very funny stuff. One time, a distraught poster wanted advice because a lodge meeting was clashing with a big Rangers game. The consensus seemed to be that lodge trumped bears and the fan later reported back that he chose the lodge and was glad he did. It was heartwarming.

The Subbie

What a nice place benidorm is

"Well the wife actually becasue she´s in charge of that sort of thing."  !!!!!!!!!! What a tit , can't even hang the towels out right and then blames the mervynette!!!!!

Square Ball

What a dick, if he thinks that that is a proud moment well he needs to get a life.

Oh if the flag is flown upside down it a sign of distress.

Oops

no not even a pint
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mentalman

Quote from: Square Ball on October 19, 2007, 05:34:31 PM

Correct and right but....how do you fly a Union Jack upside down?

In any event a towel is not a flag BUT if our friend thinks it is, and believes in all those flag traditions, then he his dishonouring it the foulest way using it to dry his nethers, a flag should never touch the ground, if it does it is sullied, and should be ceremonially burned.

To be honest I reckon that story is a piss take, no one could be such a caveman these days, could they? The little woman having to hang out his towels etc.?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Mentalman on October 19, 2007, 07:37:06 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on October 19, 2007, 05:34:31 PM

Correct and right but....how do you fly a Union Jack upside down?

In any event a towel is not a flag BUT if our friend thinks it is, and believes in all those flag traditions, then he his dishonouring it the foulest way using it to dry his nethers, a flag should never touch the ground, if it does it is sullied, and should be ceremonially burned.

To be honest I reckon that story is a piss take, no one could be such a caveman these days, could they? The little woman having to hang out his towels etc.?

Fcuk, you've led a sheltered life.

Answer to your question is yes!! Alot of them are cavemen - a good fenian is a dead fenian!  >:(
Tbc....