Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

The clubs are made up anyway, just local places in some cases, if your name isn't a place it won't be in. Hence we get in, but as Collooney. The Rossies will love the fact that Ballagh is under the Roscommon section!

Doesn't seem too bad, certainly better than Mk 1, went into Connacht Club (why win your way there?) and got flaked 1-12 to 0-0 by Castlerea, so it's realistic in that regard!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2007, 05:36:09 PM
they have club teams in it?

Yeah every county has 6 or 7 club teams in it..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bord na Mona man

Can you put in custom teams? i.e. your own club team from scratch.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 09, 2007, 05:44:11 PM
Can you put in custom teams? i.e. your own club team from scratch.

yeah you can change players names and even club names and jerseys
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 09, 2007, 05:03:33 PM
Oh meant to add they have made up players names so it's a bit better than No.1 No.2 etc

I don't have a PS2 anymore but can you not edit the players names if you were so inclined?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 09, 2007, 06:07:33 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 09, 2007, 05:03:33 PM
Oh meant to add they have made up players names so it's a bit better than No.1 No.2 etc

I don't have a PS2 anymore but can you not edit the players names if you were so inclined?

You can yeah,what i meant was last game the commentry was No.1 has the ball he passes too No.2 etc now at least they have names like Murphy,Casey,Kelly etc
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

One odd thing in the Hurling game...Laois are rated as 70 Galway only 73 Dublin 69, Wexford 72 and Kilkenny only 79.. One would imagine the gaps between Kilkenny,Wexford,Galway to Laois,Dublin etc should be bigger and surely Kilkenny should be in the high 90's
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Star Spangler

I've played a few games on the new football game tonight too and my first impression is that it's well improved.  I like the new shooting option where you can see the goalposts at the bottom of the screen even if it's not in view on the field.  It means you can shoot from distance unlike the first game.  The way the players move into position is more realistic too.  My only complaint is that players take about 10 steps before they solo or bounce and they have the trotting style before they shoot like in Aussie Rules.  I suppose these more asthetic issues than anything else.  The Manager option is also a good addition.

And ARDBOE is on the club selection.  Unfortunately the Tats aren't though.  :-[

Tankie

Lads played a quick game while buying call of duty and have to ask are you boys having a laugh? Its better but still shite!
I'l play it again over the weekend and see how it goes.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Star Spangler on November 09, 2007, 08:04:15 PM
I've played a few games on the new football game tonight too and my first impression is that it's well improved.  I like the new shooting option where you can see the goalposts at the bottom of the screen even if it's not in view on the field.  It means you can shoot from distance unlike the first game.  The way the players move into position is more realistic too.  My only complaint is that players take about 10 steps before they solo or bounce and they have the trotting style before they shoot like in Aussie Rules.  I suppose these more asthetic issues than anything else.  The Manager option is also a good addition.

And ARDBOE is on the club selection.
Unfortunately the Tats aren't though.  :-[

I'll be getting it shipped over - yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Spangler

The clubs play in the county colours though.

Gabriel_Hurl

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Star Spangler on November 09, 2007, 10:02:58 PM
The clubs play in the county colours though.
But you can edit that, and the clubs themselves (as in names). Mind you I thought purple suited Ballymote really. :P

Biggest issue would be tackling - seems to be rather difficult to pull it off right, the shooting is a lot more manageable this time.

pintsofguinness

Is it worth £35.00stg? 
went into game this evening seen it and the hurling for 35.00 I thought I'd leave it!
Are they having a laugh?

pro evo was £25.00! 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?