wi fi broadband

Started by lynchbhoy, October 18, 2007, 10:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2007, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 18, 2007, 11:19:21 AM
I have NTL with a wireless router - never have any problems with it.
didnt know they had a wireless option!
How much per month?

or are you imagining it again...
The dont have a wireless option ,They have a cable going into your house and this is connected to a wireless router which board casts the net around your house.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on October 18, 2007, 12:04:17 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2007, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 18, 2007, 11:19:21 AM
I have NTL with a wireless router - never have any problems with it.
didnt know they had a wireless option!
How much per month?

or are you imagining it again...
The dont have a wireless option ,They have a cable going into your house and this is connected to a wireless router which board casts the net around your house.
yer a pedantic young hoor !  ;) (I can relate to that though !)
Thats the kind of option I'd be happy to have.
As long as I can pick up my signal throughout the house, I dont care if its wireless router or wi fi I suppose

thanks for all yer help chaps

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on October 18, 2007, 12:02:47 PM
Buses are the 46's the 11's and the 7 , what part are you aiming for?
Parnell pk - Club semi's are on tonight

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2007, 12:08:54 PM
Ok lucky you said as i've just told you the buses that i told you all go to donnybrook  ::)
For PP your looking at the 27's 20b, or get the dart too Killesterand walk up about 20 min or get the 103 up
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on October 18, 2007, 02:18:29 PM
Ok lucky you said as i've just told you the buses that i told you all go to donnybrook  ::)
For PP your looking at the 27's 20b, or get the dart too Killesterand walk up about 20 min or get the 103 up

Cheeky Dub takes p*ss out of culchie on bus routes shocker !
:D

Roseyland

Wireless router is 49.99 from NTL. Can get a full signal anywhere in house, you can order online and it will just be added to your bill, delivered and installed by their technician. I ordered it and had it within 3 (working) days.

Louth Exile

I have digiweb at home and the speed is just chronic, slower than dial up at times!!

I was thinking of going down the route of 3 or Vodafone. Apart from Mayoman does anyone have any experience of these??
Are they as good as the other more traditional options lets say???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Roseyland

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 18, 2007, 07:29:49 PM
I have digiweb at home and the speed is just chronic, slower than dial up at times!!

I was thinking of going down the route of 3 or Vodafone. Apart from Mayoman does anyone have any experience of these??

Wouldnt go for three option unless you had no other option. Speeds rarely reached much better for me than dial up during day and ISDN speeds when network is less busy. There is fairly widespread coverage though especially nearer bigger towns, galway, dublin, athlone etc.
I got rid of it 6 weeks ago and went for NTL and have had no problems since.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Roseyland on October 18, 2007, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 18, 2007, 07:29:49 PM

Wouldnt go for three option unless you had no other option. Speeds rarely reached much better for me than dial up during day and ISDN speeds when network is less busy. There is fairly widespread coverage though especially nearer bigger towns, galway, dublin, athlone etc.
I got rid of it 6 weeks ago and went for NTL and have had no problems since.

Cheers for that, I might ask a few people I know in Vodafone to give the straight up on it. ie. none of your sales talk are you getting complaints!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2007, 02:55:10 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 18, 2007, 02:18:29 PM

Cheeky Dub takes p*ss out of culchie on bus routes shocker !
:D
And i would of gotten away with it too if it wasn't for them damn meddling kids !