Started by SLIGONIAN, October 15, 2007, 01:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Leitrim v NY
Sligo v London
Galway v Roscommon

LM/NY v Galway/Ros

Sligo/London v Mayo

As stated already Mayo v Sligo will be in Castlebar. We lost by 2 pts in markievicz in 2003. It would of been a home draw if we got anyone else but Im happy enough. We will as usual be written off and be underdogs but to me this is an exciting draw. A full house in castlebar us as defending champions into the lions den. Great stuff. The winner of this game will win connaught in my opinion. I seen all 3 teams on the other last yr and wasnt impressed. The great thing last yr is we didnt play near to our potential and still won so next yr I expect a big improvement. Hopefully we'll get the right manager to get the best of our squad.

Well done to toulestrane on great performance yday.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

GalwayBayBoy

Galway v Mayo connacht final.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Can't make a prediction on who will win that one. They are unpredictable games at the best of times let alone when they are still 9 months away.

Barney

Gnevin

Quote from: Barney on October 15, 2007, 02:26:45 PM
Agree with GBB.

We want out trophy back.
Sure it's the only trophy anyone from Connaught will win next year  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Barney

Maybe so but the Dubs have a better chance of seeing the Nestor Cup than Sam

Gnevin

Quote from: Barney on October 15, 2007, 02:34:18 PM
Maybe so but the Dubs have a better chance of seeing the Nestor Cup than Sam
Sure we are aiming for the Leinster Double this year , and Sam ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gnevin on October 15, 2007, 02:31:14 PM
Quote from: Barney on October 15, 2007, 02:26:45 PM
Agree with GBB.

We want out trophy back.
Sure it's the only trophy anyone from Connaught will win next year  ;D

Well considering a Leinster team hasn't won Sam since 1999 and hasn't even reached a final since 2001 I wouldn't be holding my breath for a Leinster side to do the business next year.

Mano

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 15, 2007, 01:54:37 PM

Can't make a prediction on who will win that one. They are unpredictable games at the best of times let alone when they are still 9 months away.

As far as i can recall yourself and the Mayo posters were saying the same thing last year about the winners of first round match been Connaught champions. Ye paid for you arrogance then....

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mano on October 15, 2007, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 15, 2007, 01:54:37 PM

As far as i can recall yourself and the Mayo posters were saying the same thing last year about the winners of first round match been Connaught champions. Ye paid for you arrogance then....

Yes but far more often than not we are right. ;D

Don't get me wrong it's far from being cut and dried but you look at which teams have the most talent available to them and you base your opinion on that. Doesn't always work out like that but that's the beauty of sport.

SLIGONIAN

I feel its wide open if Im honest. Galway have to tough games to get through and I just dont see bring that predictable. Galway and Mayo arent near the squads they used to be and seem in decline to be honest. Whereas I think ourselves and Leitirm are on the up. As for ros I havnt a clue they were so poor last yr it shocked me.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Maguire01

As an outsider, i'd have to be honest and say it's very unlikely that Sligo will retain their title. I'd like to see it happen, but i just can't see it.

Rossfan

Making predictions is a fools game at the best of times but 9 months in advance - its madness altogether.
After all as late as the end of May 2007 people were talking about Galway winning Sam to add to the Nestor  :D
However I think I'm safe enough in predicting that Ros wont win either Trophy in 2008  :'( but we might choke the herrins if the wind doesnt blow us away first in Salthill).
If we do progress in Connacht it's away games all the way no matter who we play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteAfter all as late as the end of May 2007 people were talking about Galway winning Sam to add to the Nestor

I'd love to know who those people were. Wasn't any of the Galway contributors on this site anyway.

Turlough O Carolan

I hate that auld gentry way of spelling it. Surely lads it's Connacht and not Connaught. Province wide open next year. In fact I'd be surprised if both GY and MO make the final. Neither of them any better than the rest of the West.

Farrandeelin

I suppose the only thing in Mayo's favour is that all the games are in Castlebar (if it makes a difference). If we had to travel anywhere I'd be worried. There won't be much in it between any of the teams in Connacht next year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.