Wasps!!!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, October 12, 2007, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Strange I haven't seen a wasp hardly this year. Must be a west-of-the-Bann phenomenon this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2007, 11:13:55 PM
I haven't seen any either. Are you lot swarmed with midgies up the mountain ONeill? Home from home for you.

No wasp problems down Mexico way this year but the midgies are driving me bananas. Great thing is that they're so stupid and slow, you can kill em off dead handy. Not like those nifty houseflies, tricky bastards.

Wasps though. Jaysus.

Ziggy, getting stung won't cure ya. I was told the same the summer I was working in the hospital emptying bins -- wasp bastards everywhere. Made it the whole summer without being stung and got done on the last day. Typical. Stil terrified of the bastards.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Quote from: Gnevin on October 12, 2007, 10:52:02 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on October 12, 2007, 10:10:30 PM
Here's the big questions... Do the f**kers die when they sting? ...
No they don't. Bees die 99% of the time when they sting , wasps dont

That's just honeybees. Bumblebees can sting repeatedly, as can wasps and ants.

pedro

There's definitely more of the little f**kers around this year. Hadn't seen them flyin around but woke up the other morn and there must have been about 20 of the cnuts on the floor by the window, snakey little f**kers!!
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Farrandeelin

J70, what's the difference between a honey bee and a bumble bee? I thought all bees were the same!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

There are thousands of species of bees - how could they all be the same?!!

In Ireland, bumblebees are the fat hairy bees you see all over the place. Honeybees look more like wasps, but they're not so brightly coloured. They're the ones that are farmed to make honey. The infamous Africanized bees (from movies such as "The Swarm" and "Killer Bees") are a hybrid between regular European honeybees and a species of African honeybee. The ultra-defensive African bees were brought in by some Brazilian biologist in the 50s in an attempt to boost honey yields, but some of them escaped from the lab, interbred, and the hybrids have been spreading through the Americas since.

Bumblebee:

Honeybee

Africanized honeybee

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fishbat

If ye can't cleanse the bastids of their sins by fire then the powder is the best bet - good stuff is expensive and it means getting up close and personal to the nest - but deadly stuff, 3 good squirts into the nest then skidaddle - wiped out overnight.

still reckon flies are way more aggravating than wasps though - with blue bottles top of the list.

oh, and clags too.

encourage plenty of birds into your garden - they'll do a bit of damage to the insects also.................as well as the clean clothes

Hurler on the Bitch

Fishbat.... have to agree with the Bluebottles scenario....... Bastards! One year - high summer - a bird fell into our chimney and there it festered. About two weeks later, came home and found about 50 of the dirty bastards in the window............. hatching and flying out of the chimney breast.. Couldn't light the fire as the chimney was not in use and full of straw and nests.. took three days to get th ebastards .. they lie dead on the floor and then the heat in the morning brrings them to life - hateful