Author Topic: Another School Shooting in America  (Read 14080 times)

AZOffaly

• View Profile
Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2018, 02:08:07 PM »
Windows of opportunity. Christ, would you listen to yourself. A glorified mall cop taking on Rambo springs to mind.

A Deputy Sheriff, these lads are well trained, frequent gun ranges and this boy knew exactly what was going on and did nothing, the left will come to his aide and  the right will castigate him for being a coward, whilst this is going on kids are dead and the focus is off the NRA, the NRA are to blame here, keep the focus on them and not the coward that did nothing, at least he did not kill anyone!

Scapegoat... Takes the attention away from the problem, which was on a scale of 1 to 5 or 6 things, he was at the bottom. Deflection news, whatever suits someone narrative

Agree with that.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
Windows of opportunity. Christ, would you listen to yourself. A glorified mall cop taking on Rambo springs to mind.

A Deputy Sheriff, these lads are well trained, frequent gun ranges and this boy knew exactly what was going on and did nothing, the left will come to his aide and  the right will castigate him for being a coward, whilst this is going on kids are dead and the focus is off the NRA, the NRA are to blame here, keep the focus on them and not the coward that did nothing, at least he did not kill anyone!

Apart from shooting at an inanimate down at the range with ear muffs and goggles on,  how do you train for a real life shootout?

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
Guess what lads....people freeze....hardened veteran cops freeze....rookies freeze...world cup footballers freeze on the biggest occasions....we are humans and all the training and preparation you do cannot prepare you for everything that life throws at you. I think there’s great hubris in people saying they’d do this or that....you don’t know what you’d do. As the sweats running down your back, and maybe even worse running down your leg then you do not know what you would do.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »
Guess what lads....people freeze....hardened veteran cops freeze....rookies freeze...world cup footballers freeze on the biggest occasions....we are humans and all the training and preparation you do cannot prepare you for everything that life throws at you. I think there’s great hubris in people saying they’d do this or that....you don’t know what you’d do. As the sweats running down your back, and maybe even worse running down your leg then you do not know what you would do.

All true. But that doesn't mean he did his job well BC. It may be understandable, but it's a sad fact.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »
I don't blame the rent-a-cop for not engaging the shooter. Better to lose your job than your fecking life because your country is addicted to firearms.

I've never been in that situation but if someone's shooting at kids and you have a gun yourself you'd have to feel pretty shitty not to have at least tried to help!

That would make you a coward, it certainly made him one, he resigned in shame, I would have no problem with him not engaging if he was not actually being paid for such an eventuality, and of course he let children die and take bullets in the back to save other children, there is that, I am not surprised by your comment screenexile, saddened by it but not suprised.

Hey d**khead!!

Read before you rant!

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »

All true. But that doesn't mean he did his job well BC. It may be understandable, but it's a sad fact.

Agreed but like I said the braveness of people behind computer screens is easy till they are facing literally down the barrel of a gun.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »
I don't blame the rent-a-cop for not engaging the shooter. Better to lose your job than your fecking life because your country is addicted to firearms.

I've never been in that situation but if someone's shooting at kids and you have a gun yourself you'd have to feel pretty shitty not to have at least tried to help!

That would make you a coward, it certainly made him one, he resigned in shame, I would have no problem with him not engaging if he was not actually being paid for such an eventuality, and of course he let children die and take bullets in the back to save other children, there is that, I am not surprised by your comment screenexile, saddened by it but not suprised.

Hey d**khead!!

Read before you rant!

Apologies for the mis-read, I did not rant however.

Hopefully apology accepted exile.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
One of the schoolkids told Dana Loesch that if she didn't care about the safety of her kids they would. That was a great line.
The NRA seems to be the core constituency of the GOP. Trump would rather go off the deep end and arm one million teachers than confront them.

In Irish mythology there is the Cailleach and the Bodach. You cannot have the Cailleach without the Bodach.  The Cailleach is order and the Bodach is chaos.  And the Cailleach and the Bodach are hoors for having rows. The Koreans have a similar model. They call it yin and yang.

Trump is pure Bodach.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »

Hey d**khead!!

Read before you rant!

Apologies for the mis-read, I did not rant however.

Hopefully apology accepted exile.

Yeah I accept. . . you need to chill out though!

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2018, 06:06:40 PM »
I agree with this.  Icemans post was spot on.  All you can say is that you would hope you would do the right thing, in the same scenario but you wouldn't know until it happened if you would or not. 
One thing I would say though, if he had have went in the press, society including us on here would be calling him a hero.  We put people on a pedestal for taking action, and call them a coward for inaction.  No inbetween.  If you're calling him a coward you're basically saying that it should be an easy decision to make.  So why call people a hero for doing something anyone would do?  Clearly then you are saying it wasn't an easy thing to do?  We cant have it both ways.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
I agree with this.  Icemans post was spot on.  All you can say is that you would hope you would do the right thing, in the same scenario but you wouldn't know until it happened if you would or not. 
One thing I would say though, if he had have went in the press, society including us on here would be calling him a hero.  We put people on a pedestal for taking action, and call them a coward for inaction.  No inbetween.  If you're calling him a coward you're basically saying that it should be an easy decision to make.  So why call people a hero for doing something anyone would do?  Clearly then you are saying it wasn't an easy thing to do?  We cant have it both ways.

Very true.

The absolute state of the speech that orange pleb gave, calling the man a coward etc.  It was a new low for even him.  I agree that the guy probably didn't cover himself in glory with his actions, but for the president to talk about it in language as crass as that... wtf?

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2018, 07:53:27 PM »

Sorry, but thats his fvckin job. Pretty much every school I know of now have annual active shooter drills and the school resource officer typically co-ordinates them.  Thats what he gets paid for.

It would be like a fireman showing up to a fire at your house and instead of kicking in the door to save your family, hightails it in the opposite direction

I would be shocked it this guy didnt have extensive training to deal with this very situation

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »

Sorry, but thats his fvckin job. Pretty much every school I know of now have annual active shooter drills and the school resource officer typically co-ordinates them.  Thats what he gets paid for.

It would be like a fireman showing up to a fire at your house and instead of kicking in the door to save your family, hightails it in the opposite direction

I would be shocked it this guy didnt have extensive training to deal with this very situation
Sorry but where did I say anything about it being or not being "his f**king job"?
Also I think your analogy is way off.  Whatever it has to with my post though I dont know?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »

Robert Reich‏@RBReich 

When someone says there's nothing we can do about gun violence, remind them:
1) Gun laws save lives.
2) The 2nd Amend was never intended to permit mass slaughter.
3) More guns won't make us safer.
4) The vast majority of Americans want reform.
5) The NRA has bought off the GOP.

Those biscuits are for the visitors

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »

The fireman isn’t getting shot at, stupid point! Trump is a dick and an apologist for the NRA just like some of the dingbats on here! This man was the last link on the chain that let those kids die! Assault weapons against a pistol!

I’d say the only cowards are the ones who allow this to happen year on year by voting these t**ts in every year, then defend the right to have a gun! Bizzare
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)