Author Topic: Another School Shooting in America  (Read 15630 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 10:16:28 PM »
So trump has his get out clause here, mental health problems, he should have been sorted by people who knew him, and now the FBI didn’t follow procedures! Win win! Now let’s have some thoughts and payers please.
there will be another one before Easter. It is so clear that the GOP are the ones protecting the NRA
Those biscuits are for the visitors

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »
America needs to become more like Sweden.

Sweden is the greatest country in the world.

America is a shithole.

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2018, 12:43:43 AM »
Sweden is a major arms exporter. Third biggest per capita in the world. 

RealSpiritof98

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »
Best point I seen yesterday

Action: man tries to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb
Reaction: everyone had to take their shoes off at airport

Action: 1799 dead this year alone by the gun
Reaction: lets pray for the family, guns ain't the problem

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »
America needs to become more like Sweden.

Sweden is the greatest country in the world.

America is a shithole.

Oh dear God! A new low for Siddles.

Suddenly, the Swedes are talking about their refugee problem
The country's media, politicians and police have stopped shying away from discussing sexual harassment by young refugees
Waleed Abdul Hussain smoking outside the tent
A refugee at a camp in Sweden, the world capital of asylum seekers Photo: Richard Orange
Richard Orange By Richard Orange6:58PM GMT 16 Jan 2016
I first noticed them last summer: groups of boys in their late teens, looking wildly out of place with bad teeth and Bollywood hairstyles, causing a very un‑Swedish kerfuffle. There was a short delay on the bus as their minders tried to teach them how to use the Malmö transport card, the sound of laughter as they goofed around in the local museum – and lots of joshing in the queue for the ice rink.

"I had been warned that Sweden’s consensus culture means that public opinion can undergo sudden and dramatic shifts."
Malmö, more than anywhere, is the place to observe the “so-called refugee youths, predominantly from Afghanistan” whom Stockholm police blamed for a campaign of sexual harassment at a festival last August. (That was in a hushed-up report that was leaked and which then dominated the news agenda last week.) In Sweden, “unaccompanied refugee children” are the responsibility of the first town they arrive in, so, as the first stop over the bridge from Denmark, Malmö has handled thousands of mainly Afghan boys.

I’d never want to diminish the trauma of those who have been sexually harassed; but having lived in India at a time when “Eve-teasing” – the public sexual harassment of women by groups of men – was still seen as a trifling affair, it comes as no surprise that letting young men like this loose at a festival jam-packed with drunken Swedish girls ended badly.

What does surprise me is the way Sweden’s media, politicians and police handled the furore. Instead of shying away from discussing ethnicity, it’s now the big story. A neighbour who works for the local paper says that a few months ago this kind of reporting would have been impossible.

I had been warned that Sweden’s consensus culture means that public opinion can undergo sudden and dramatic shifts. After the country’s about-turn on asylum in November, when Sweden announced a drastic tightening of its asylum and border regime, reimposing border controls, it looks like that shift is happening.

 Everything in Sweden has a board, with a chairman, a secretary, minutes meticulously kept. It’s how the country is run. Last Tuesday, at the board meeting of the block in which I live, we were discussing renting out one of the flats. The owner, like many people in my part of town a bit of a Lefty, had been planning to let it to a family of paperless refugees from Iraq.

To the palpable relief of the board, she chickened out, deciding it would be too complicated, too risky, and was instead renting it out to a family of Swedes. “I really feel terrible. I feel like I’ve betrayed my ideals,” she said. “I mean if even we won’t rent out to refugees, who will?”

 “You should call your wife, and tell her: 'Buy food, buy drinks, and invite all of our friends, because today something really special has happened. My life is saved!’” chuckled Abu Ali, the Palestinian who turned up on Monday to haul my broken-down old Peugeot to the garage. The front coil spring had snapped, threatening to shred my tyre at any moment, which would have been extremely dangerous on the open road.

The best thing about living in a city where two in five people have a foreign background – apart from cheap garages and tasty falafel – is enjoying the small talk with strangers that Swedes see as unnecessary.

"So much in Sweden seems designed to prevent human contact: the little machines that mean you never have to take change from a shop assistant’s hand; the number slips that spare you having to jostle next to anyone in a queue."
The Swedish Theory of Love, a documentary that came out last Friday, blames an epidemic of loneliness in the country on the radical welfare reforms enacted in the Seventies, through which the state intervened to free Swedes from economic dependence on each other.

That has created a country where one in four people die in hospital without friends or relatives by their side, the film argues. It’s beautifully made, darkly comic and thoroughly depressing, and the film’s Italian-Swedish director Erik Gandini has been predictably vilified.

So much in Sweden seems designed to prevent human contact: the little machines that mean you never have to take change from a shop assistant’s hand; the number slips that spare you having to jostle next to anyone in a queue. Could the renowned welfare state be just another way of allowing people to be alone?

Gandini hopes cheery immigrants like Abu Ali might be the antidote – that the tens of thousands of Syrians who streamed into the country last year might teach the Swedes more convivial ways. I hope he’s right.

Sweden thrives on arms sales, it will get to a point in the near future were the swedes are a minority...................In Sweden.

America is a shothole eh, have you ever been there? and have you ever said that to an American?

I would love to introduce a fine fellow such as yourself to a few of my good friends in Green Bay Wisconsin, they would love to hear your thoughts on their country and they would be happy to listen to your grovelling apology, so would I for that matter.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 11:03:33 AM »
Did you write all that yourself, Stew?  ;D

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »

I still cant get over you thinking that Sweden is the best country in the world! I thought you would say Cuba, or Afghanistan or Eastern Timor, but Sweden?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »

I still cant get over you thinking that Sweden is the best country in the world! I thought you would say Cuba, or Afghanistan or Eastern Timor, but Sweden?

Still think america is fucked up, even after that post Stew it still seems a better place to live! He could have used Iceland.. what’s their lifestyle like? How many gun murders happen there?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
You didn't answer the question, stoo.

Did you write all that yourself?

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

Still think america is fucked up, even after that post Stew it still seems a better place to live! He could have used Iceland.. what’s their lifestyle like? How many gun murders happen there?

He said Sweden is the best country in the world, it is far from it, America is a tremendous country, I know, I lived in it, it has its issues, not the least of which is gun violence, it is not perfect and you are comparing a country with 350,000 people in it to a country with 330,000,000 in it, there is no comparison.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »

No such a country as "Eastern Timor", mate.

There is a country called East Timor though.

Which do you think is a better country?

Sweden or the USA?

Here's a few questions to ask yourself:

Which has a lower crime rate?
Which has a better health system?
Which has a better education system?
Which has better labour laws?
Which takes care of its poorest better?
Which has better gun laws?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »

He said Sweden is the best country in the world, it is far from it, America is a tremendous country, I know, I lived in it, it has its issues, not the least of which is gun violence, it is not perfect and you are comparing a country with 350,000 people in it to a country with 330,000,000 in it, there is no comparison.

Course you can compare it! Just base it on the average.. Tremdous country.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »
For all america`s praises, stew you still ended up back in this dump over here!! go figure!

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
For all america`s praises, stew you still ended up back in this dump over here!! go figure!

I am back for personal reasons, I have a relative who is going to be going through an awful rough time in the next few years and I am going to be taking care of them as their carer, I will be going back at some point in the future, hopefully not for a long time bar the usual holidays.

Ireland is beautiful, I have a  mobile home in Donegal and the scenary and area are fantastic, there is good in Ireland, there is also a lot of bad, northern politics, southern politics, bad memories from the childhood etc, I prefer the States.

I am a walking contradiction when it comes to Ireland, I have a deep and abiding love for the place and its people, and then I also felt lost and abandoned by the Republic and scorned and repressed by the north, in a sense that is why, as passionate about football as I once was, I never really felt like I had a national team to root for, a microcism for life in Ireland I know but I think it shows my personal issues with the place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:31:46 PM by stew »

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »

I am back for personal reasons, I have a relative who is going to be going through an awful rough time in the next few years and I am going to be taking care of them as their carer, I will be going back at some point in the future, hopefully not for a long time bar the usual holidays.

Ireland is beautiful, I have a  mobile home in Donegal and the scenary and area are fantastic, there is good in Ireland, there is also a lot of bad, northern politics, southern politics, bad memories from the childhood etc, I prefer the States.

I am a walking contradiction when it comes to Ireland, I have a deep and abiding love for the place and its people, and then I also felt lost and abandoned by the Republic and scorned and repressed by the north, in a sense that is why, as passionate about football as I once was, I never really felt like I had a national team to root for, a microcism for life in Ireland I know but I think it shows my personal issues with the place.

Time to come clean I guess.

In 2010 I collapsed at work and was in hospital for eighty one days, I suffered severe brain trauma due to an epileptic condition I have had since 1989, I have had 3 surgeries between 2010-2014 and the cost was enormous in terms of my marriage to the love of my life and financially, I went from having all I could ever need to losing damn near it all, the headaches make me cry and scream at times ( I get under the covers and literally pillow bite whilst screaming in pain, I came back because I was getting worse over there and wanted a fresh opinion on my condition.

It turns out I was overmedicated in the extreme and I am doing much better since my return, my neurologist is very happy with my progress and I am afraid to go back to live in the States in case they make me feel like a dullard 24/7 again. ( Cue the stews thick jokes)

My mother has diabetes and just got diagnosed with worse, I am going to be leaving work to be her carer in the near future and she is 75 years old, I honestlu dont know what the future holds but I figure I am better off with family than anyone else and I am happy to be taking care of a wonderful woman, it will be a privilege.

I have had an offer to go back to my old job, the one I left when I got ill, I would love to but it is far too stressful and that I do not need, the other thing is yeah, I would be able to yet again pay off my medical bills if I took the job but all that does is take the money I save and I have nothing to give my kids.

I know better than anyone on here the good and the bad about America, hand on heart I can say I love that country, it is not nor will it ever be my country and I admire it in so many ways, I am also, just like Ireland, hurt by the place and its inherent flaws.

Sid, live in the place for a while and you will learn to love the warmth of the people and the sheer majesty of the place.

f**k yis all, I am away down to the club to play snooker and have a pint, shure yu cant do that in Green Bay. )