Author Topic: Another School Shooting in America  (Read 15632 times)

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2018, 10:40:58 PM »
I've shared many times that I am a gun owner. We've always had guns about the house since I was a teenager. I enjoy hunting and I have a handgun for home protection.  I am not however an NRA 1st Amendment yank......
I'm as concerned as the next man about all of this. My kids go to school in Florida (for how much longer I don't know).  What is the answer here?
The crazies and the criminals are not going to hand over their guns.  If ordinary people like me hand over there guns what kind of society does this leave us with?
I think we are long passed the point of no return on this. It might have been dealt with 10 or 15 years ago but not now.
So I ask again what you think the answer is?
I've read lots of comments about how stupid america is and how stupid the political parties are and how stupid.... whats the solution???

Lets talk honestly then.

You a hand gun owner? Or are you an automatic weapon designed to inflict "maximum damage on enemy combatants", owner?

Do you think your gun ownership right now makes a single impact to our society? You think the crazies and the criminals know, or care that you have a gun, or guns?

It is insane to think that the guns in your safe or in your cabinets or on your hip make your society a safer place. For you, or for anyone else.

How frequent is the "Brave citizen with a gun" story - compared to the frequencies of the massacres our communities are witnessing?

I understand and respect the historical and cultural nuances of firearms in the United States of America. I don't advocate for a ban on owning a firearm. Hell, even on owning more than one.

However, the fact that 10-15 of my friends and acquaintances are capable of carrying our Las Vegas volume murder from an "arsenal perspective" and the only thing preventing this is that they currently aren't inclined to kill people - is completely COMPLETELY f**king bananas.
Handgun and bolt action rifle and a wee pellet rifle for the cats ;)
The crazies or criminals don't care I have a gun - but they should if they step in to my home.  I don't get your point or your question? Am I trying to make society safer or better? Nope. I'm selfishly protecting my own family and not ashamed to say it.
Iceman there are a world of measures that could be implemented that would have no effect on you carrying a hand gun for protection (not that I agree with that, but that's another matter) ban these crazy assault ruffles and semi automatic weapons. No one, not a single person in the general population has any need to have access to these.
This won't solve the problem, but it certainly will reduce the amount of damage these guys can do in a mass shooting.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:02:57 AM by blewuporstuffed »
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »
After all these years Iíve become numb to these senseless atrocities and read in amazement as posters continue to advocate the value of gun control to imbecile yanks. Itís been clear for years that yanks are too ignorant, arrogant or pigheaded to even consider modest measures and, as is apparent by their recent choice of president, their numbers seem to swell as the years go by.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 12:15:58 AM »
The mother of a child from the school said to bbc reporter that this wouldnít happen if the teachers had guns! f**king stupid Americans! How anyone gives a shit about that stupid country is beyond me!

Wanted to reply earlier but thought Iíd maybe wait. Your post however is still completely out of order on he basis of the breadth of your brush strokes and Iíd expect better out of you. You are lumping husbands, wives, parents and children in here and America has been very good to many of your fellow Irish men and women.

omochain

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 12:24:02 AM »
I get your point Iceman but the thing is this killer bought these guns legally in the last 12 months I think and he has mental health issues. You canít take guns off the people now but you can stop them in the future. Tighten up the controls on the guns and bullets. Have an amnesty like they had in Australia and see if people hand over guns. The bug thing is push the NRA lobbyists away to duck the way they eventually did with the Tobacco companies. What I would love to see is a class action taken against a gun company, the likes of Colt who manufacture the AR 15, that they are vicariously liable for the deaths. It wonít happen but as Keegan said ĎIíd love ití

Insane as it may seem, I believe Gun Manufacturers have immunity from such actions.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
The mother of a child from the school said to bbc reporter that this wouldnít happen if the teachers had guns! f**king stupid Americans! How anyone gives a shit about that stupid country is beyond me!

Wanted to reply earlier but thought Iíd maybe wait. Your post however is still completely out of order on he basis of the breadth of your brush strokes and Iíd expect better out of you. You are lumping husbands, wives, parents and children in here and America has been very good to many of your fellow Irish men and women.

Half the country voted this guy in and supported his views on gun laws.. so Iíll take it back and say half America is stupid . As for saying America has been good to fellow Irish people so has Germany France England and any other country the Irish moved to, but that statement from a mother is daft in the extreme!

My close cousin whom I stayed with in New York and has a great life in the states, with two young children. If she said gun laws are ok in the states, ( after herself been shot here in Belfast by the army in her own home and one of the reason she left here) iíd be very shocked..

Answer me this then, why after all these years do Americans continue to allow this to happen? If that ainít stupid I donít know what is, itís as bad as the clampits voting in the same people here and being shocked why we have got an government up!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

johnneycool

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »

I don't blame her for saying it as its churned out every time there's a mass shooting by those in power or those in power controlled by the NRA.

But surely there can be at least some sort of background checks put in place and maybe up the price of these fuckin things.

The pics of your man looking to buy a pump action shotgun for $200 odd dollars, that's for nothing FFS.

How much is an AR-15, $400 or so?

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
After all these years Iíve become numb to these senseless atrocities and read in amazement as posters continue to advocate the value of gun control to imbecile yanks. Itís been clear for years that yanks are too ignorant, arrogant or pigheaded to even consider modest measures and, as is apparent by their recent choice of president, their numbers seem to swell as the years go by.

Well done lad, that is the most ignorant, ill informed load of bigoted crap i have ever read on this site, tell you what, go say that to a serviceman, any serviceman in the US and see what happens, I would love to watch that video, you would be kicked up and down the street and I would f**king love it.

Now, as for gun control, the problem lies wit the NRA and the c***ts that they have bought and paid for on both sides of the aisle, get to them and you might get some change but continue to bleat about the yanks being dumb and imbecilic and you will get more of the same, fix the problem, not the blame, the problem is the NRA, you blame a nation and you call the yanks imbecilic!

Pot, kettle, black and all that!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »

I don't blame her for saying it as its churned out every time there's a mass shooting by those in power or those in power controlled by the NRA.

But surely there can be at least some sort of background checks put in place and maybe up the price of these fuckin things.

The pics of your man looking to buy a pump action shotgun for $200 odd dollars, that's for nothing FFS.

How much is an AR-15, $400 or so?

Walmart used to have them for $500 or so - they dropped selling them after Newtown though.

I tell you - I went to a range last summer and shot an AR-15 - not a single person (bar the military) needs one of those yokes - the power is absolutely frightening

FL/MAYO

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2018, 01:52:23 PM »

Well done lad, that is the most ignorant, ill informed load of bigoted crap i have ever read on this site, tell you what, go say that to a serviceman, any serviceman in the US and see what happens, I would love to watch that video, you would be kicked up and down the street and I would f**king love it.

Now, as for gun control, the problem lies wit the NRA and the c***ts that they have bought and paid for on both sides of the aisle, get to them and you might get some change but continue to bleat about the yanks being dumb and imbecilic and you will get more of the same, fix the problem, not the blame, the problem is the NRA, you blame a nation and you call the yanks imbecilic!

I have to agree with Stew here, most of the gun owners that I know are in favour of gun control especially in regards to automatic weapons such as the AR15.  Trump was elected because people wanted change, they wanted special interest groups such as the NRA and big pharma put back in their boxes, unfortunately Trump is not the answer, he was never going to be, he is neck deep in the swamp just like all the rest of them.....

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »

The nra arenít some kind of underground sect. Theyíre supported by thousands of Americans included your w**kstain president. Blaming them is to blame every yank dipshit that supports them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »

... tell you what, go say that to a serviceman, any serviceman in the US and see what happens, I would love to watch that video, you would be kicked up and down the street and I would f**king love it.

Whether he's right or wrong, don't you think your response kinda makes his point for him?

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »
I tell you - I went to a range last summer and shot an AR-15 - not a single person (bar the military) needs one of those yokes - the power is absolutely frightening

"SEVENTEEN SEVENTY SIX WILL COMMENCE AGAIN..."
Putting internet gobsh*tes in their place since 1999.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »
FBI dropped the ball

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 06:36:30 PM »
So trump has his get out clause here, mental health problems, he should have been sorted by people who knew him, and now the FBI didnít follow procedures! Win win! Now letís have some thoughts and payers please.

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

johnneycool

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
FBI dropped the ball

If he'd been Muslim there would have been no ball dropped