Author Topic: Another School Shooting in America  (Read 12708 times)

Keyser soze

• View Profile
Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that about your health and about your Ma.

easytiger95

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
That sounds like a hard auld station Stew, good luck with your condition, and the road facing you.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2018, 11:33:46 AM »
Best of luck with everything Stew

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »
Could be crass and say my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glad the meds have been sorted so much that you are off for a pint and a game of snooker.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »
Iíve very little time for much of your posts stew but that was the most balsy post I read on here in a long time.

Ballsy is right.

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
America is not the place to be if you are sick that's for sure, unless cost is no object. Better off back on the old sod stew.

omochain

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2018, 03:46:07 AM »
Stew, I hope you continue to improve and will be able to put this all behind you soon. Now if only you could get over supporting the Harps, I would buy you 2 pints and kick your a$$ at snooker the next time I am home. 

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
No doubt you've had things tough stew fair play and I wish you all the luck to get back to full health and that your family can continue to be well!!

I sense you enjoy an auld argument on here once in a while so I'm still gonna keep calling you on all that mad shit you believe!!  :P :P

The Iceman

• Here comes the Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
spent most of yesterday in Boca with a few clients all of whom live in Parkland. They believe this will be the tipping point. There is a planned march on Washington and apparently Rubio has changed his tune and is distancing himself from the NRA. They said the kids were all live streaming stuff on social media while it happened. They knew about it before it was on the news.
I'm all for stricter controls. I agree nobody needs an AR-15 - I've shot one at a range (my brother in law is chief of SWAT and brings a pile of different guns every time we go to the range). AR-15 is designed for one thing. Killing people. There's no way anyone is "hunting" with it.  I've never seen one for less than $800 but I suppose I wasn't really looking. I did learn that in FL it's actually easier to buy an AR-15 than a handgun.  You can get one in a matter of minutes because of the classification and past laws. Hand gun took me 3 days and I'm not even a citizen. Not sure how it works in these Pawn shops but I think you can just buy whatever they have....
Raise the age to be able to buy a gun. Insist on proper training, tighter regulations. Take the likes of the AR-15 off the shelves. I'm all for all of that. Convincing the NRA and their followers of any of this...good luck with that.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
They can beleive it will be a tipping point all they want.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »
spent most of yesterday in Boca with a few clients all of whom live in Parkland. They believe this will be the tipping point. There is a planned march on Washington and apparently Rubio has changed his tune and is distancing himself from the NRA. They said the kids were all live streaming stuff on social media while it happened. They knew about it before it was on the news.
I'm all for stricter controls. I agree nobody needs an AR-15 - I've shot one at a range (my brother in law is chief of SWAT and brings a pile of different guns every time we go to the range). AR-15 is designed for one thing. Killing people. There's no way anyone is "hunting" with it.  I've never seen one for less than $800 but I suppose I wasn't really looking. I did learn that in FL it's actually easier to buy an AR-15 than a handgun.  You can get one in a matter of minutes because of the classification and past laws. Hand gun took me 3 days and I'm not even a citizen. Not sure how it works in these Pawn shops but I think you can just buy whatever they have....
Raise the age to be able to buy a gun. Insist on proper training, tighter regulations. Take the likes of the AR-15 off the shelves. I'm all for all of that. Convincing the NRA and their followers of any of this...good luck with that.....

are any guns designed for anything other than killing people?

johnneycool

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »

are any guns designed for anything other than killing people?

No, but the likes of the AR-15 are solely designed to kill lots of people very quickly as we keep witnessing in Vegas and Florida.

This is no tipping point, there'll be another mass shooting in a few weeks time for more #thoughtsandprayers

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Stew - thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm glad things seem to be improving for you and I hope that continues apace. I love a good argument, like yourself. Sometimes I find it hard to understand you but hey - life would be boring if we were all the same. Keep her lit.

The Iceman

• Here comes the Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
also read that there have not been 18 school shooting this year. The site that reported that statistic and everyone ran with it defined a school shooting as whenever a shot is fired in or on the grounds of a school. So the first incident was a man in the car park of a school that was derelict for 7 months called the police and said he was armed and suicidal - he shot himself in the car in the car park. Not anywhere near the magnitude of parlkand or any other school shooting.

doesn't change the argument for gun control but just wanted to tighten up some of the facts we're discussing.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »
also read that there have not been 18 school shooting this year. The site that reported that statistic and everyone ran with it defined a school shooting as whenever a shot is fired in or on the grounds of a school. So the first incident was a man in the car park of a school that was derelict for 7 months called the police and said he was armed and suicidal - he shot himself in the car in the car park. Not anywhere near the magnitude of parlkand or any other school shooting.

doesn't change the argument for gun control but just wanted to tighten up some of the facts we're discussing.

We are now in an anti fact era, with the likes of Trump just dismissing anything factual as fake news, muddy the waters long enough and people in general dont know what to believe so they just believe what they are told to believe.