Ulster Club Hurling Championships

Started by Lecale2, October 08, 2007, 01:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristotle Flynn

Good luck to Down's representatives on Sunday, Ballycran & Bredagh. Do the business lads!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

glens73

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7055350.stm

Dunloy too strong for Ballycran
Dunloy's Gregory O'Kane
Gregory O'Kane hit eight points for Dunloy at Casement Park
Dunloy progressed to next Sunday's AIB Ulster Club Hurling final against Kevin Lynchs by beating Ballycran 1-19 to 1-12 in Sunday's semi-final replay.

The Antrim side led 1-10 to 0-7 at half-time - helped by Liam Richmond's goal midway through the first half.

Richmond notched 1-5 for Dunloy while Gregory O'Kane hit eight points and sub Conor Cunning notched four scores.

James Coyle's 53rd-minute goal reduced Dunloy's lead to six points but the Antrim side had already done enough.

Lecale2

Junior Semi Final Result: Bredagh 0-12 2-06 Setanta.
Replay next Sunday in Maghera.

slow corner back

Who will feel they missed the boat Lecale? Bredagh had 12 scores against the 8 of Setanta does this signify that Bredagh were the better team?

Lecale2

Quote from: slow corner back on October 21, 2007, 07:38:09 PM
Who will feel they missed the boat Lecale? Bredagh had 12 scores against the 8 of Setanta does this signify that Bredagh were the better team?

I reckon Bredagh will think they missed the boat. They were leading with 3 minutes left, Setanta got a late goal to go 2 up. But Bredagh fought back to get the 2 pts they needed for the draw. Setanta were the better team in the first half and would have been 10 pts up were it not for the Bredagh keeper Lorenzo McMullan. Man of the match performance IMO. Second half Bredagh dominated but couldn't get goals that would have won it.
Who knows the next day? Two evenly matched teams. Looking forward to the replay.

theskull1

Quote from: From the Hoganstand
Just tucking into a big helping of humble pie, re. the stoker.Doesn't taste great but I know it will be good for me. The splinters in his ase and the doubters like me obviously set the fire in his belly again. Well done to the lad, came good at the right time for Dunloy.
Last Man , Uptown Ireland , 21/10/2007 at 19:50

Fair play to you Last Man. Got your speak in early. With Paddy R, Cookie & Liam in the 3/4 line I couldn't see a position for stoker either and don't think you were that off the mark with your comments. Delighted for him today though. Showed his true class today and really got himself into the game. For a boy who in all honesty is not as lively on the feet as he used to be, he did an amazing amount of intelligent work and bagged himself  4 beautiful scores inside 25 minutes. Thought our forwards did an amazing amount of work today and the score taking in the first half especially was sublime. Am I being biased in saying that the ref kept BC in the game especially in the last 15 minutes? Gave them 4 very soft frees whilst letting a lot go up in our forward line IMO. Great to see big Damian back out again. Thought he played very well. Thoughts to young Kevin McKeague.  The man lives the game. Hope it's not as bad an injury as it looked

Oh..... if you don't want to finish the humble pie, there might be someone else who is prepared to take the rest of it  ;) ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Skull wasnt at the game today, we were busy dismantling Rossa in Belfast  ;) Is the final next week? Does Paudie Mc Mullan not hurl anymore?

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on October 21, 2007, 09:29:54 PM
Skull wasnt at the game today, we were busy dismantling Rossa in Belfast  ;) Is the final next week? Does Paudie Mc Mullan not hurl anymore?

Could youse not have got out of your beds a bit earlier and played the game earlier or did the mariners make that a bit difficult to achieve?  :) What was the score btw?

No...he didn't come out this year. He's a hard worker (joiner) plus I think he struggled with a bad back for a few years there and could never really get to the right level of fitness to be at his best. Probably made his mind up for him.

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on October 21, 2007, 10:17:12 PM
Quote from: Balboa on October 21, 2007, 09:29:54 PM

Could youse not have got out of your beds a bit earlier and played the game earlier or did the mariners make that a bit difficult to achieve?  :) What was the score btw?

No...he didn't come out this year. He's a hard worker (joiner) plus I think he struggled with a bad back for a few years there and could never really get to the right level of fitness to be at his best. Probably made his mind up for him.

The match was at 1.15pm so we could go to the Dunloy v Ballycran game but i had to go home and get fed and babysit as the missus was going out, i was fcuked after the match anyway  :P. We beat them 2-17 to 0-10, we played pretty well for a meaningless end of season game but have to say Rossa were brutal. It was 2-4 to 0-7 at half time.

Last Man

Sorry Skull, made sure I finished every last bit of it, had to suck it up after the stir I caused on the HS last week. Good to see the whole team back on form again. On your point about the ref, I get the impression having watched a good few Ulster league games this year that there is a bit of resentment from the other counties in Ulster about the Antrim dominance. Their standard is improving and they probably feel that Antrim is holding them back from a breakthrough at senior level. This must rub off on the odd referee. Or what is more likely, is that  a faceless sinister element at the core of the Ulster council is trying to surreptitiously manipulate the outcome of the Ulster Championship, strange antennae have been noticed on the roof at premises in Market St, Armagh which it is believed may be emitting some kind of mind control rays. I could be wrong but they were pointing towards Belfast yesterday. I'm taking no chances anyway and have lined the inside if my helmet with lead. You heard it here first!

theskull1

Quote from: Last Man on October 22, 2007, 09:49:54 AM
I'm taking no chances anyway and have lined the inside if my helmet with lead. You heard it here first!

Rumour has it that Dunloy heard the same conspiracy theory and did exactly what you suggest last week in the drawn match :)

johnneycool

Who was the ref yesterday?

P.S. maybe its just me and my persecution complex but I never had any time for Gerry Devlin refereeing as he never seemed to give us anything and ditto Tommy McIntyre who all but give the Lynches a semi-final against us a few years back. I think one of the Dungiven lads give him a thump after that game and he deserved it but not for the reason he got it. Is that Karma?

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on October 22, 2007, 01:09:33 PM
Who was the ref yesterday?

P.S. maybe its just me and my persecution complex but I never had any time for Gerry Devlin refereeing as he never seemed to give us anything and ditto Tommy McIntyre who all but give the Lynches a semi-final against us a few years back. I think one of the Dungiven lads give him a thump after that game and he deserved it but not for the reason he got it. Is that Karma?

Ger Devlin was in charge. In fairness to him I thought he did well in the first half, but late in the second half I thought he kept BC in the game with frees whilst giving our forwards very little at that stage. I've been fairly critical of some of the other refereeing performances in matches involving ourselves, so it could just be me  :-\

Ruairi Og exile

Skull wasnt at the match....but hearing you criticise the ref then hear the ref was Mr Devlin isnt a suprise...think he's very poor imo. Never lets the game flow at all. And dont start me on Tommy either.

podge

Having seen a few ulster club matches over the last few weeks, in a strange way it makes you appreciate the relative higher quality of hurling refs in Antrim.  Both refs last Sunday, Dunloy v crans and Liatroim v Cushendun and yesterdays replay were whistle happy.  almost a non contact sport when these guys get in.  if this is the way matches outside antrim are reffed, it explains a lot..