Are the "one liners" ruining the board?

Started by theskull1, October 02, 2007, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

dumbass thread. Skull doesnt have the intellectual capacity for it
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

MauriceMalpas

Good Idea.
Lets regulate peoples post to 3+ lines on topics you feel necessary Skull. We'll screen everything through you; Cutting out all unnecessary smilies and duplicated points. I'd suggest the reason the board has  been "allegedly ruined" is the fact a thread like this makes more than 2 pages (I get the irony of me posting here) AND that a similar thread will be created next week title "I thought the kids had gone back to School"/"Whats happening to the board?"

This is an anon discussion board man. People dont have to strictly adhere to what your perceive as thread/board rules. Some people come here to take the piss, have a giggle, have a discussion/debate as well as numerous others things. I, for one, come for all. I dont condone the childish abuse that develops but the bottom line here is YOU CAN CHOOSE TO IGNORE POSTERS AND THREADS.

theskull1

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 03, 2007, 10:24:19 AM
dumbass thread. Skull doesnt have the intellectual capacity for it

You know what steve, you may be right. I only now understand that this board truly is a democracy. I was essentially trying to get turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Stupid of me to think that I could provoke some sort of change in posting standards when the "majority" are content with their contributions. I am learning though.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pintsofguinness

holiness
Seems in some threads people will win an argument purely by longevity, in that if you arent prepared to answer multiple questions thrown at you and spend the day detailing points and digging out facts and proof to back up your comments you are declared to have lost an argument.
Well if you're not prepared to back up your comments you have lost the argument.

skull
QuoteYou know what steve, you may be right. I only now understand that this board truly is a democracy. I was essentially trying to get turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Stupid of me to think that I could provoke some sort of change in posting standards when the "majority" are content with their contributions. I am learning though.
100% correct.  That is the problem.  To many idiots.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Balboa

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 03, 2007, 12:43:29 PM
holiness
Seems in some threads people will win an argument purely by longevity, in that if you arent prepared to answer multiple questions thrown at you and spend the day detailing points and digging out facts and proof to back up your comments you are declared to have lost an argument.
Well if you're not prepared to back up your comments you have lost the argument.

skull
QuoteYou know what steve, you may be right. I only now understand that this board truly is a democracy. I was essentially trying to get turkeys to vote for Christmas.

100% correct.  That is the problem.  To many idiots.

It is actually "too" in that context.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Balboa on October 03, 2007, 12:49:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 03, 2007, 12:43:29 PM
holiness

Pints, if I make a comment I can generally back it up. But when you are asked multiple questions in response to your post sometimes its impossible to give the time to answer them.

Regarding backing up comments, there was a thread re GAA in Northern Schools, I made the point that you dont need to be a GAA member to play for your school.
I was asked then to provide documentary proof of this. I obviously dont have this and am speaking from personal experience having played for my school.
Several others posted also to confirm I was correct and that they too had played without being GAA members, but still written evidence was required to convince the guy.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Some things need backing up, some dont, but you will be asked to back up the things that dont.
Ask me holy bollix

whiskeysteve

i only pitched that 2get a rise outta ye skull - just to see how youd take it

but in fairness youll make never make impression on poster behaviour - unless youre an administrator

it must be lonely being an intellectual on this board, sure lets all band together and winge on a worn out thread, away from the 'idiots' and their loathsome 'one-liners'

seriously though - pointless thread
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

QuoteRegarding backing up comments, there was a thread re GAA in Northern Schools, I made the point that you dont need to be a GAA member to play for your school.
I was asked then to provide documentary proof of this. I obviously dont have this and am speaking from personal experience having played for my school.
Several others posted also to confirm I was correct and that they too had played without being GAA members, but still written evidence was required to convince the guy.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Some things need backing up, some dont, but you will be asked to back up the things that dont.
Okay I see your point now in those circumstances I would agree with you.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Guillem2

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2007, 12:31:36 AM
QuoteIf we take the weekend as running from Friday to Monday then I wasnt far wrong at all.
That is 4 days and more than half a week. How can you say that a weekend consists of 4 days? Go on, I can't wait to see you justify this blatant lie!
Taking Saturday and Sunday, which I would consider a weekend, I posted less than 200 times.

Only 200?  :-\
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Louth Exile

One - liner (that gets me to 500 posts) Sorry 5times  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 05, 2007, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2007, 12:31:36 AM
QuoteIf we take the weekend as running from Friday to Monday then I wasnt far wrong at all.
That is 4 days and more than half a week. How can you say that a weekend consists of 4 days? Go on, I can't wait to see you justify this blatant lie!
Taking Saturday and Sunday, which I would consider a weekend, I posted less than 200 times.

Where I come from the weekend starts on a friday afternoon and runs to a monday morning. Maybe weekends are different for people who only have lives in cyberspace though.The Celtic game is being rerun on Setanta this morning, maybe you should update the scores.  ;) Milan might win this time.

I dont really want to be getting in the middle of you 2 bitches but 5 times..a saracastic remark about someone living in cyberspace is a bit funny coming from a man who has over 3000 posts :-\..seems to me you spend a bit of time in it yourself and to be bothered to count how many posts someone has is pretty petite & sad to be honest.

As whiskeysteve said its only a discussion board..get your heads out of your arses and lighten up a bit.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2007, 02:09:32 PM
QuoteAs whiskeysteve said its only a discussion board..get your heads out of your arses and lighten up a bit
I'll drink to that.

At this time of the day?

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2007, 02:11:34 PM
Aye, welcome to cyberspace.

5iveWhines will not be serving spirits at this time of the day though.......