Ireland - best place to live in the world

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, October 01, 2007, 02:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

I just got back from a trip home last week, with the exchange rate and the price of everything it is very expensive and that was in Mayo I can't imagine what the costs are like in the east of Ireland.
Having said that I have lived in the states for over 20 years now and I can never refer to it as home, for some reason when I go back I just settle back into the swing of things very quickly. I just seem to belong in Ireland I have never got that feeling in the states. Ireland does have many faults, many have been discussed on this thread but when you get down to its the people that make the country and Irish people (not all) in general are decent people. 

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 03, 2007, 01:41:10 PM
QuoteI suppose family and GAA.

The only real thing I miss about home - old friends as well

That pretty much sums it up for most of us I think. Theres the odd culinary exception, but mostly its GAA, friends and family.

Bord na Mona man

I would be curious about how the ratings per category are weighted.
The weather, certain services and infrastructure deficits would be a weakness, but obviously they don't sufficiently diminish Ireland's marks.

mannix

FL/Mayo,
I am the same, never could call it home.Are you ever likely to move back?I am glad to be able to when the time comes.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: mannix on October 03, 2007, 10:28:13 PM
FL/Mayo,
I am the same, never could call it home.Are you ever likely to move back?I am glad to be able to when the time comes.

Mannix I sent you a PM.