best place to eat in belfast??

Started by kinghen, September 28, 2007, 01:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Theres a lovely we spot on Botanic called Temps, highly recommended.

doofus

Malone Lodge is quite nice for evening dinner and bottle of rose, and reasonably priced to boot.

Gold

I was in Villa Italia last night too--great steak with garlic butter--u cant beat Villa or Scalinis for italian food, good service and value in belfast. Other italians like cafe milano would put the arm in and charge £3/4 extra per steak or chicken but those places do good portions for the price you're payin. Speranza is nice too but not as good.

Malone Lodge is quite expensive with a bit of a weird menu.
Goodfellas can be an experience!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Our Nail Loney

Sorry to tell ya's lads but Temps is officially closed!!

Rav-the Nostra is some spot, went there by myself for a bit of chicken pie at about four o clock in the afternoon on the wednesday since its in proximity to the Hat!

Was the only place I ate out of last week apart from Helen's for a small fry no beans!

southdown

Nail Loney, what happened Temps?  It was an institution.

Our Nail Loney

Dunno lad but every day I walked past last week it was closed plus went after Shaws one night and was closed, put the word out the next day and apparently its closed for good!!

You're right about it being an institution though! Legendary in student circles.

Say what you like about it being a shit hole an all but did class pizzas!

southdown

Ill never forget the night the resident DJ did a rap about the red sauce i was putting on my burger.  Genius.

redandblackjack

Temps has nothing on the Kam Wah! Now that place was legendary!! Ordering your chicken ballls through a hole in the wall!I remember the temps dj/owner doing a rap about a cheesey chip one nite! Funny shit!

nifan

kam wah was extremely dodgy food, used to be a regular on the way home to canterbury street though.

Our Nail Loney

Where was this kam wah?? How long ago are we talking here?

quit yo jibbajabba

was the kam wah the place on the ormeau? with susan as the resident taker of orders? many a feed was consumed outa there; felt sorry for wee susan; the quietest women in the world; when the wee locals would come in an start playin fitba; they didnt even have the manners to order a feed.......

stiffler

The Kam Wah was a few doors up from were Subway is in Botanic. I think it was in the same premises bishops took over. It closed down(for the final time) in 2002/03 season i think.

I remember being in it one night when a young lad got his feed and threw it against the wall. The next time i was back in it the curry stain was still on the tiles.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Our Nail Loney

That Bishops is closed now as well, Botanic would need to wise up and get some new late night opening places because I for one don't want a Subway at two in the f**king morning!!

Rois

Had dinner in Nick's Warehouse on Saturday night and have to say that it is one of the most impressive places in Belfast, the food was beautiful, the staff were fantastic and the ambience lovely.  Definately now my favourite place to eat.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w