Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Knockmore's Peter Naughton called into the Sligo panel?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 04, 2020, 02:47:18 PM
Knockmore's Peter Naughton called into the Sligo panel?

Yea, heard that. Father's from Castleconnor. Horan didn't make many changes to the team against Donegal so he probably felt it wasn't worthwhile waiting for a call up. Just my opinion of course.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Despite Breaffy and the Neale being televised, the reigning champions opening with a laboured second half win, Ballintubber blitzing Ballina in the SFC, the main talking point was Kilmovee's 50 point win over Lacken in the JFC. Lacken only had 16 players according to the Mayo News. It's a sobering reality that could come to a rural club near you in the years ahead.

Farrandeelin

Hats off to Belmullet yesterday. 2-4 to 1-4 win for them. Nearly got the head blown off me and got soaked into the bargain.

StephenC

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2021, 07:46:29 AM
Despite Breaffy and the Neale being televised, the reigning champions opening with a laboured second half win, Ballintubber blitzing Ballina in the SFC, the main talking point was Kilmovee's 50 point win over Lacken in the JFC. Lacken only had 16 players according to the Mayo News. It's a sobering reality that could come to a rural club near you in the years ahead.

Was very difficult listening to the chairperson speak.
"There's a great passion for football here, just the same as anywhere else, young lads have the same dreams here as anywhere else. We just don't have enough people and that's not the fault of anyone in the club or the community."

As you say, this won't be the last club facing this type of crisis.

Farrandeelin

Quarter finals this weekend.

Westport v Ballina
Ballintubber v Knockmore
Belmullet v Breaffy
Garrymore v Castlebar.

Ones in bold - my prediction. Genuinely can't call Ballintubber Knockmore although my old woodwork teacher (of all people) said follow your heart so I'm hoping for a Knockmore victory.

Farrandeelin

imtommygunn

What was the ballintubber penalty for? I couldn't see what it was for.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2021, 09:43:29 PM

Players weren't 13 meters back when the free kick was taken, Technical Foul according to rulebook and the sanction is to award a penalty. 

That said I don't think i've ever seen a penalty awarded in those circumstances before.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 25, 2021, 11:29:31 PM

Players weren't 13 meters back when the free kick was taken, Technical Foul according to rulebook and the sanction is to award a penalty. 

That said I don't think i've ever seen a penalty awarded in those circumstances before.
No. Technically the correct decision I guess but it is rarely enforced.

whitey

Quote from: galwayman on October 26, 2021, 09:23:29 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 25, 2021, 11:29:31 PM

No. Technically the correct decision I guess but it is rarely enforced.

If it's rarely enforced maybe the referee could have let the Knockmore players know before the free was taken

imtommygunn

Thanks. I did wonder. I did also wonder why tg4 focused so much, in their brief highlights, on a sub keeper coming on so knew something was coming.

Rare you would see a penalty like that.

Farrandeelin

Nice for Knockmore to be back in another county final again, this time without Darren McHale who had his leg in a cast which will give Westport/Belmullet an advantage.

Edit to say Kiltane have been relegated to intermediate where I don't think they'll escape from any time soon.

Farrandeelin

Belmullet progress after yet another shock result for them. They will fancy their chances against us too.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2021, 06:25:39 PM
Belmullet progress after yet another shock result for them. They will fancy their chances against us too.

Fair play to Belmullet. They've been going from strength to strength since Mully took them over
Hasta la victoria siempre